Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tobias Solem

Solving the dreaded duping scourge?

5 posts in this topic

ARMA-engine is a mecca for duping. Duping happens all the time, and unfortunately BIS seems to be somewhat reluctant to admit the issue (unless a streamer creates drama about it apparently) - so what can be done at mod-level to combat duping?

Here are some crazy ideas that probably don't work:

+ Each item has a database limit, settable by the server. Once an item is spawned, there is a check with the current amount of items; that adds to the maximum, if the maximum has been reached, another item is spawned instead. (This is more a way to see how many we have spawned out of the total maximum, to relate to how many are in the game (and how much duping has been actually going on).

+ Checking of who has how many of a particular item. Could be added to an array (duping tends to happen on only particular items, if someone has more than X of said items, they are flagged for investigation)

+ Unique ID's for each item that is assigned (in the database) when spawning the item, if the identifier isn't assigned and there exists two versions of the same item, the engine automatically assumes that the one with the earliest creation date is the original and deletes all subsequent copies.

Your ideas are good but implementing Id on items you can kiss every fps the server has goodbye

Advertisement

LOL am I they only one that doesn't know how to dupe, I duped a box of matches a couple of updates ago and then couldn't figure out how I did it.

Would like to see it go away, but sadly there a those that seem to think that is how you play the game

PLEASE Mr Server Owner I worked hard for My wonderful Exile FPS don't take it from me.

I agree here. I must ban a player or two every night for duping of some sort.

I make sure that the scope duping stuff can't be done by pulling spawns from anything that spawns with a removable scope but I caught folks somehow doing this with codelocks the other night. They had like 90 of them in their base from it.

On 11/21/2015, 1:54:35, Tobias Solem said:

ARMA-engine is a mecca for duping. Duping happens all the time, and unfortunately BIS seems to be somewhat reluctant to admit the issue (unless a streamer creates drama about it apparently) - so what can be done at mod-level to combat duping?

Here are some crazy ideas that probably don't work:

+ Each item has a database limit, settable by the server. Once an item is spawned, there is a check with the current amount of items; that adds to the maximum, if the maximum has been reached, another item is spawned instead. (This is more a way to see how many we have spawned out of the total maximum, to relate to how many are in the game (and how much duping has been actually going on).

+ Checking of who has how many of a particular item. Could be added to an array (duping tends to happen on only particular items, if someone has more than X of said items, they are flagged for investigation)

+ Unique ID's for each item that is assigned (in the database) when spawning the item, if the identifier isn't assigned and there exists two versions of the same item, the engine automatically assumes that the one with the earliest creation date is the original and deletes all subsequent copies.

I like the database idea. Maybe its possible that they can make it so only a maximum amount of say code locks can be acquired by a person PUID? Say like 20 in a lifetime or some shit

1 person likes this

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0