Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AngryKrampus

Help with Traders

5 posts in this topic

So I am attempting to make a trader on the chernarus map but I am having a problem actually adding the traders into the map. My problem is finding what I need to add to my config to get them on my server.

This is what I have in my initPlayerLocal.sqf

I had the brackets in my config like it shows in my example that I have commented out but that don't seem to work. And if you can maybe tell me a way to find the orientation that would be helpful as well

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
// Static Objects
///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
#include "initServer.sqf"

if (!hasInterface || isServer) exitWith {};

//Your Traders go here
/*Example Start    
[
    "Exile_Trader_Aircraft", <-- Trader Type 
    "AfricanHead_03",
    ["Acts_Kore_IdleNoWeapon_loop"], <-- Trader Animation type
    [10165.2,18644.1,0], <-- This is the position of the trader
    313.349 <- This is the orientation of the trader
]
Example End */
    "Exile_Trader_Hardware",
    "AfricanHead_03",
    ["Acts_Kore_IdleNoWeapon_loop"],
    [4759.09,8364.51,-0.000152588],
//    ["hardware",[4759.09,8364.51,-0.000152588],0,[0,0,1],true],

Edited by AngryKrampus

take out  <-- Trader Animation type    <-- Trader Type 

Edited by bregan5

Advertisement

Here's an example from one of my traders in the initPlayerLocal.sqf:

[
    "Exile_Trader_Hardware",
    "WhiteHead_17",
    ["AidlPercMstpSnonWnonDnon_G01", "AidlPercMstpSnonWnonDnon_G02", "AidlPercMstpSnonWnonDnon_G03", "AidlPercMstpSnonWnonDnon_G04", "AidlPercMstpSnonWnonDnon_G05", "AidlPercMstpSnonWnonDnon_G06"],
    [13086.5,12914,0.15],
]
call ExileClient_object_trader_create;

The way I do it is by loading Arma with the M3Editor mod enabled, placing one of the training objects that is a man-sized target, and getting the location and orientation from that object (the way another use on this forum showed :) ). I believe the orientation is the next item in the array after the location coordinates that M3Editor creates when you export the SQF. On the target I always used, anyway, the orientation you wanted to use was from the back of the target. Or place it with the front where you want it and re-orient by adding 180 degrees.

I couldn't tell from your post whether you included the call ExileClient_object_trader_create;  If not, you won't have a trader.

2 hours ago, Spartan said:

Here's an example from one of my traders in the initPlayerLocal.sqf:

[
    "Exile_Trader_Hardware",
    "WhiteHead_17",
    ["AidlPercMstpSnonWnonDnon_G01", "AidlPercMstpSnonWnonDnon_G02", "AidlPercMstpSnonWnonDnon_G03", "AidlPercMstpSnonWnonDnon_G04", "AidlPercMstpSnonWnonDnon_G05", "AidlPercMstpSnonWnonDnon_G06"],
    [13086.5,12914,0.15],
]
call ExileClient_object_trader_create;

The way I do it is by loading Arma with the M3Editor mod enabled, placing one of the training objects that is a man-sized target, and getting the location and orientation from that object (the way another use on this forum showed :) ). I believe the orientation is the next item in the array after the location coordinates that M3Editor creates when you export the SQF. On the target I always used, anyway, the orientation you wanted to use was from the back of the target. Or place it with the front where you want it and re-orient by adding 180 degrees.

I couldn't tell from your post whether you included the call ExileClient_object_trader_create;  If not, you won't have a trader.

Thank your for the help spartan, I was missing the call ExileClient_object trader_create;  I have looked at other guides for making your own traders and non mentioned that, atleast the one I looked at. Or is someone asks for premade traders most people just say screw yourself make your own, so I didn't have a guide to go on. I also took a guess and assumed the 180 was the compass bearings and when I put in the trader he was looking south and 180.

Edited by AngryKrampus

2 hours ago, bregan5 said:

take out  <-- Trader Animation type    <-- Trader Type 

That was just for a reference, it was code that I found on a trader making guide in my sqf it is commented out so the server don't know its there, it may be hard to notice because of the way I formatted the post but thanks for your input anyway.

// This comments out a single line

/*

This comments everything between them

*/

Edited by AngryKrampus

Advertisement