Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kidesh

Servers going to getting a wipe??

11 posts in this topic

So I have been just browsing about on the forum and I kept seeing things about a servers getting wiped in the future.

Not trying to start a rumour here and maybe i've been to busy on my server doing scripts and not noticed this before.

BUT

Is this true and could anyone shed some light on it. 

And before anyone says. I know it comes with these kinda games. Just would like to know so I can get the heads up on it and tell my players.

thx for any info

If the admin knows what he is doing, there will be no wipe. But in our Opinion it would be good. Depends all on the servers admin feelings, because without a wipe he has some work todo after update ;)

Advertisement

Thanks for the reply

So is there a rough date of when this is happening. Like what month?

And if it is just a wipe then all i have to do is back up my files and back up my database? 

Then once the update has done I just update my backed up files place them back in and then replace my database?

cheers 

Waiting for 1.54 to be released. Should be end of this month and if not first week of december.

I haven't been playing for a while since it was mentioned that a server wipe would most likely happen in this next update.

Patiently waiting but not gonna bother playing till after it's done.

Seen from my point of view, 

It doesn't hurt to wipe the server once in a while, will keep activities going on the server, and from my experience when a server reaches 10k+ objects it'll be shit to play on anyways due to the server FPS is dropping massively due to all the objects. B|

46 minutes ago, Brez said:

I haven't been playing for a while since it was mentioned that a server wipe would most likely happen in this next update.

Patiently waiting but not gonna bother playing till after it's done.

just find a server which isn't going to wipe

Cheers for the info. 

Im going to look into how we can get around it if we can that is.

there is a big reason why databases (mysql) is popular. The data can easily be transformed and moved whilst keeping most of its form

New fields will be added to the database. Existing fields will not be modified or removed. So, you could just add the fields on without wiping.

Not wiping might have two problems:

1. If someone has built a base that exceeds the new limits set in the next version of Exile, either they will be unable to do anything with their base anymore or the limits set in the next version will need to be increased to allow for the larger bases. This is one reason for the wipe, so players won't have problems with the new limits. If you have a low population server with no really big bases (height of the base is affected in the next update), then it won't really be required.

2. The storage capacity of some Exile vehicles are being lowered, so if players are using those vehicles for storage and the items in them exceed the new values, that could cause a problem.

So in the end, it's really up to the server owner if they feel a wipe is needed.

1 person likes this

Advertisement