Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Razzputon

How Do Silencers Work in Exile?

12 posts in this topic

I'm relatively new to Exile and am loving the MOD a lot.  I am curious how the Silencer works in Exile though.

When I'm soloing I like to Silence snipe to bring down the numbers and then go in for some close combat stealth kills to finish off the mission. I have ran several missions and have been 600ish out. I use a MXM 6.5 with a silencer. Every first round shot would bring down all hell on me from the mission AI. If AI can hear you from 600 out whats the point of using a Silencer?

I'm just looking for some info on Silencer range in Exile and any other needed info.

59 minutes ago, Razzputon said:

I'm relatively new to Exile and am loving the MOD a lot.  I am curious how the Silencer works in Exile though.

When I'm soloing I like to Silence snipe to bring down the numbers and then go in for some close combat stealth kills to finish off the mission. I have ran several missions and have been 600ish out. I use a MXM 6.5 with a silencer. Every first round shot would bring down all hell on me from the mission AI. If AI can hear you from 600 out whats the point of using a Silencer?

I'm just looking for some info on Silencer range in Exile and any other needed info.

AI's detect players with aimbot otherwise they wouldn't shoot at you at all. 

Advertisement

Can you explain Aimbot? I just looked it up and everything I pull up links aimbots to hacks and cheats. I'm assuming that's not what your talking about though. If, however,  your inferring that I'm cheating then please don't reply. I don't cheat or hack. Never have never will. I just would like to know about Exile and silencers. So lets keep the thread on topic please.

AI dont actually see you, they use some sort of aimbot to detect you. I've been killed at mission over 1K away. As of now, it doesnt matter if you use a silencer, as soon as one "spots" you, they will engage.

1 person likes this

Thats not true at all. In close quarters as long as the ai don't see you, such as in a town/building, and they don't see you drop their buddies they won't agro on you. There is a huge difference between this and all the servers that have missions spawning out in the open. Pretty shitty to be honest.

I think it has something to do with how the AI are tweaked and what mission system is being ran on the server. I don't think silencers really have any bearing on AI at all. I think it's more in a PvP aspect that it truly comes into play. There's a lot of factors that come into play when you're doing missions.

It greatly depends on what A.I. system the server is using. Some ai scripts make it harder for ai to spot you if you are using a silencer. Each ai "sees" you if an equation tells them they can see you. it starts with a certain percentage chance that they can spot you, modified by how much concealment (bushes, smoke, etc) you have between you and the ai and whether or not solid objects are in the way. Once AI detect gunfire (such as when one gets shot), they will obviously "look" farther out (at a farther radius than normal), it increases the likelihood of them "seeing" you.

It all depends on what ai script is being used as to what formula they are using.

ai are by definition aimbots (the computer determines thru a formula whether or not they can see you, then determines through a percent chance of whether or not each shot they fire hits).

1 person likes this

On 29/11/2015, 10:57:07, Razzputon said:

Can you explain Aimbot? I just looked it up and everything I pull up links aimbots to hacks and cheats. I'm assuming that's not what your talking about though. If, however,  your inferring that I'm cheating then please don't reply. I don't cheat or hack. Never have never will. I just would like to know about Exile and silencers. So lets keep the thread on topic please.

the term Aimbot is used when someone sucks at the game and they can't work out why!! lol

1 person likes this

Most of the AI and mission systems in common use on Exile servers have AI skill settings that can be customized by the server admins. If there are multiple systems in use and they aren't all set the same, the various AI on the server will have different skill settings. Some of the systems also have varying degrees of difficulty when it comes to individual AI, whether that is determined randomly or specified by mission type. The skill settings include things like shooting accuracy, weapon shake, ability to spot opponents, courage, and how well they communicate information on targets with the rest of their group, etc.

So, it's hard to say exactly.

I know I don't like the settings where the AI can drill you through the head with one shot from over 800 meters before I know they are there, but I'm admittedly average skill at best when it comes playing the game. I think it's because I'm old.

1 person likes this

4 hours ago, Sgt Smash said:

the term Aimbot is used when someone sucks at the game and they can't work out why!! lol

No Aimbot means someone is using a hack that allows the target that you are aiming at to be permanently fixated so you always get the perfect and quickest kill. 

Advertisement