RX-777-BAO

[Tutorial] Making your server with Esseker map

27 posts in this topic

Hello guys, this has been a while that I have not been posting in a forum so I'm sorry for posting this in the incorrect category.
I will post links to specific threads or posts or website and I will do my best not to mirror any files just to be sure I am not breaking any rules.

Notes : Due to my limited (almost none) skill of scripting, there might be some cases I might not be able to help you out. This thread is meant to have collective support from other guys of Exilemod.com forum (Exile community) to help each other out.

P.S. THIS IS A TUTORIAL TO START FROM SCRATCH
==========================================================================================

OPERATION : ESSEKER



Requirements:

@Exile (duh)
@ExileServer (and again, it's basic server installation)
@AllInArmaTerrainPack  NOTE: HAVE THE LATEST AIA:TP VERSION AND APPLY THE HOTFIX.
@Esseker  (You can also find Esseker map within the Steam WORKSHOP)
Esseker server .bikey 
Esseker Loot Spawns by @Hollow (DISCOUNTINUED)
unPBO tool OR Eliteness (Can be found easily with a small Google search, depends which one you prefer)
Notepad ++ (or if you use Eliteness, you don't need N++)
m3Editor by @Maca134 ------ This is used for custom trader zone. 

Installation:

In this stage, it is straight forward if you understand and have known before how to setup an Exile multiplayer server. If you do not have the prior knowledge, you may continue to read.

A few notes before going in the installation stage: This is a tutorial made for self-hosted servers and I am not familiar with online services offering to host in a dedicated area.

1. For convenience sake I will cite @Maca134's guide / server package that includes the client files and server files of Exile.
"http://www.exilemod.com/topic/666-dedicated-server-package/"

2. Please, make sure your vanilla server with Altis does function correctly. If not, you may ask for help within this thread or search around in the forums.

3. After all of the above is done, extract the remainder in your server directory folder. In my case, it is located in "C:\Arma\Server\".

3. a) When you have successfully extracted @Esseker and @AllInArmaTerrainPack in the directory. INSTALL THE .BIKEY OF ESSEKER AND AIA:TP (add them to your Keys folder in the directory.

3. b) Proceed to go in @ExileServer and edit "config.cfg".

4. You need to modify a line under the class Mission (then class Exile). You have to modify the template so it goes from "template = Exile.Altis;" to "template = Exile.Esseker;". I have provided an example below.
 

class Missions
{
	class Exile
	{
    /*
		template = Exile.Altis;
		difficulty = "ExileRegular"; // ExileRegular or ExileHardcore
        */
        template = Exile.Esseker;
		difficulty = "ExileRegular"; // ExileRegular or ExileHardcore
        
	}; 
};


5.To enable Esseker within your startup parameters, edit your [whateverName].bat to be similar to this :
 

@echo off
color 0a
title Exile Monitor
:Serverstart
echo Launching Server
C: 
cd "C:\Arma\Server"
echo Exile Server Monitor... Active !
start "Arma3" /min /wait C:\Arma\Server\arma3server.exe -mod=@AllInArmaTerrainPack;@Esseker;@Exile;Kart,Mark,Heli; -servermod=@ExileServer; -filePatching -config=C:\Arma\Server\@ExileServer\config.cfg -port=2300 -profiles=SC -cfg=C:\Arma\Server\@ExileServer\basic.cfg -name=SC -autoinit
ping 127.0.0.1 -n 15 >NUL
echo Exile Server Shutdown ... Restarting!
ping 127.0.0.1 -n 5 >NUL
cls
goto Serverstart



6. After modifying your startup parameters, head to your mpmissions folder and rename your Exile.Altis to Exile.Esseker (Or do a copy if you want to preserve an Altis copy).

7. From there, you should unPBO the mission file and head to mission.sqm and open it with a text editor of your choice. 
7. a) Add "Esseker" to the lines under addOns. I will provide an example.

Like at the beginning = 

version=12;
class Mission
{
    addOns[]=
    {
        "exile_client",
        "Esseker"
    };
    addOnsAuto[]=
    {
        "exile_client",
        "Esseker"
    };

And the end =

class Intro
{
    addOns[]=
    {
        "Esseker"
    };
    addOnsAuto[]=
    {
        "Esseker"
    };
    randomSeed=3611332;
    class Intel
    {
        startWeather=0.30000001;
        startWind=0.1;
        startWaves=0.1;
        forecastWeather=0.30000001;
        forecastWind=0.1;
        forecastWaves=0.1;
        forecastLightnings=0.1;
        year=2035;
        month=6;
        day=24;
        hour=12;
        minute=0;
        startFogDecay=0.013;
        forecastFogDecay=0.013;
    };
};
class OutroWin
{
    addOns[]=
    {
        "Esseker"
    };
    addOnsAuto[]=
    {
        "Esseker"
    };
    randomSeed=15572598;
    class Intel
    {
        startWeather=0.30000001;
        startWind=0.1;
        startWaves=0.1;
        forecastWeather=0.30000001;
        forecastWind=0.1;
        forecastWaves=0.1;
        forecastLightnings=0.1;
        year=2035;
        month=6;
        day=24;
        hour=12;
        minute=0;
        startFogDecay=0.013;
        forecastFogDecay=0.013;
    };
};
class OutroLoose
{
    addOns[]=
    {
        "Esseker"
    };
    addOnsAuto[]=
    {
        "Esseker"
    };
    randomSeed=13194853;
    class Intel
    {
        startWeather=0.30000001;
        startWind=0.1;
        startWaves=0.1;
        forecastWeather=0.30000001;
        forecastWind=0.1;
        forecastWaves=0.1;
        forecastLightnings=0.1;
        year=2035;
        month=6;
        day=24;
        hour=12;
        minute=0;
        startFogDecay=0.013;
        forecastFogDecay=0.013;
    };
};



 8. Now everything should be set, it is time to add what is missing : Traders, Safezones, Spawns and Loot spawns. 

======================================================================================================

MAKING SPAWNS

 The rest of this tutorial will be time consuming. You will need to tinker around and find what markers, sensors (triggers) suits you best.

1. Fire up your ARMA 3 Editor with Esseker and AIA:TP loaded and scout for any possible spawnzones you want your players and yourself included to spawn.

2. Make a new mission file and add markers of where you want it to be.

3. After saving, get to where you have saved your newly made mission file (it might be named Esseker.Esseker).

3. a) There will be a mission.sqm inside that folder, open it up with your favorite text editor and copy all : class Markers { bla bla blah }; and replace (or add) to your mission.sqm file of the server.

4. I will provide an example of how it must look like (this is one of my spawns). REMEMBER THE " type="ExileSpawnZone"; " OR YOU WILL NOT SEE THE SPAWN IN YOUR LIST AFTER ENTERING YOUR SERVER.

		class Item0
		{
			position[]={6678.9189,256.49823,3904.5002};
			name="SpawnPlavaVranaMilitaryComplex";
			text="Plava Vrana";
			type="ExileSpawnZone";
		};


Configurations (Trader, Safezones and Loot Spawns):

This is where things might get tricky for some (myself included at the beginning).

======== LOOT SPAWNS =======

1. Follow @Hollow's tutorial within his post for the installation of Esseker loot spawns.

======== Trader / Safezone ======

Due to the complexity and the anger-inducing process this might do to some, I will include a tutorial that has already been done by @spear.

http://www.exilemod.com/topic/607-how-to-build-custom-trader-zones/


Things to remember : 

Within the mission.sqm, the marker for the trader will look something like this: 

 

		class Item7
		{
			position[]={9395.5059,6.7335639,4709.9023};
			name="Maxwell";
			text="Maxwell Trader City";
			markerType="ELLIPSE";
			type="Empty";
			colorName="ColorBlue";
			fillName="SolidBorder";
			a=100;
			b=100;
			drawBorder=1;
		};


and the trigger (class Sensors) must look something like : 

 

		class Item0
		{
			position[]={9395.5703,6.7335668,4710.1016};
			a=100;
			b=100;
            activationBy = "ANY";
            repeating = 1;
			interruptable=1;
			age="UNKNOWN";
			text="Maxwell SZ";
            name = "ExileTrader";
            expCond = "(vehicle player) in thisList";
            expActiv = "call ExileClient_object_player_event_onEnterSafezone";
            expDesactiv = "call ExileClient_object_player_event_onLeaveSafezone";
			class Effects
			{
			};
		};

           
THESE LINES ARE IMPORTANT TO HAVE THE SAFEZONE FUNCTIONNING PROPERLY. DON'T FORGET OR THE BOGEYMAN WILL GET YA.

            name = "ExileTrader";
            expCond = "(vehicle player) in thisList";
            expActiv = "call ExileClient_object_player_event_onEnterSafezone";
            expDesactiv = "call ExileClient_object_player_event_onLeaveSafezone";


===========================================================================================================================

This is all I have to add, if I'm missing something please tell me and I will fix it right away. My server folder is so full that I might have skipped something so message me up here or Skype me if you guys want.

Have a nice day everyone.

           - RX-777 "BAO".

Edited by RX-777-BAO
2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since I wanna start a Esseker Server after our Chernarus Server is running smoothly, im really thankfull for this instruction.

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advertisement

Excellent guide! It's just what I was looking for. I started playing Exile recently on a server hosting the Esseker map. I really like it.

Thanks!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello,

first of all, thank you very much for that guide. I don't know if I can post my problems with esseker here. I just try it :-) 

 

I followed all of your instructions except the trader and loot configuration, because I wanted to check, if I did everything right. I have a server hosted by nitrado and it was 0.9.35, and i manually updated it to 0.9.4. Everything worked with the Altis Map. 

I uploaded AiA TP into the root and, of course the @Esseker, too. Afterwards I implemented the bikey's into the Keys Folder and I edited the start parameters. After that I changed the config.cfg to Exile.Esseker and copied the Exile.Altis.pbo and renamed it to Exile.Esseker.pbo (and took out the altis.pbo). I changed also the server.cfg to Exile.Esseker. The named changes with the mission.sqm from the pbo were done, too. 

After doing all those things I tried to start the server if it would boot correctly but it didn't start. I just got the following .rpt Log and as you can see, there is nothing...

 

=====================================================================
== X:\arma3\arma3server.exe
== arma3server.exe  -mod=@AllInArmaTerrainPack;@Esseker;@Exile; -serverMod=@ExileServer; -ip=31.214.194.219 -port=2302 -maxmem=2047 -noCB -exThreads=1 -filePatching -malloc=tbb4malloc_bi -profiles=config -config=config\server.cfg -cfg=config\basic.cfg -name=arma3 -autoinit -loadMissionToMemory 

Original output filename: Arma3Retail_Server
Exe timestamp: 2015/12/02 16:35:41
Current time:  2015/12/15 20:07:53

Type: Public
Build: Stable
Version: 1.54.133596

Allocator: X:\arma3\dll\tbb4malloc_bi.dll
=====================================================================

The server didn't do more than written in the rpt.

What could be my mistake? What went possibly wrong? I am quite frustrated, because I spent 6 hours to try different things before I set the server back to vanilla Altis. I checked, that I did all those steps but the server did not want to start...

 

Thank you very much for your help. If this post is wrong here, please don't hesitate to switch it to another topic. I am new here and in modding :-/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Paralone said:

Hello,

first of all, thank you very much for that guide. I don't know if I can post my problems with esseker here. I just try it :-) 

 

I followed all of your instructions except the trader and loot configuration, because I wanted to check, if I did everything right. I have a server hosted by nitrado and it was 0.9.35, and i manually updated it to 0.9.4. Everything worked with the Altis Map. 

I uploaded AiA TP into the root and, of course the @Esseker, too. Afterwards I implemented the bikey's into the Keys Folder and I edited the start parameters. After that I changed the config.cfg to Exile.Esseker and copied the Exile.Altis.pbo and renamed it to Exile.Esseker.pbo (and took out the altis.pbo). I changed also the server.cfg to Exile.Esseker. The named changes with the mission.sqm from the pbo were done, too. 

After doing all those things I tried to start the server if it would boot correctly but it didn't start. I just got the following .rpt Log and as you can see, there is nothing...

 


=====================================================================
== X:\arma3\arma3server.exe
== arma3server.exe  -mod=@AllInArmaTerrainPack;@Esseker;@Exile; -serverMod=@ExileServer; -ip=31.214.194.219 -port=2302 -maxmem=2047 -noCB -exThreads=1 -filePatching -malloc=tbb4malloc_bi -profiles=config -config=config\server.cfg -cfg=config\basic.cfg -name=arma3 -autoinit -loadMissionToMemory 

Original output filename: Arma3Retail_Server
Exe timestamp: 2015/12/02 16:35:41
Current time:  2015/12/15 20:07:53

Type: Public
Build: Stable
Version: 1.54.133596

Allocator: X:\arma3\dll\tbb4malloc_bi.dll
=====================================================================

The server didn't do more than written in the rpt.

What could be my mistake? What went possibly wrong? I am quite frustrated, because I spent 6 hours to try different things before I set the server back to vanilla Altis. I checked, that I did all those steps but the server did not want to start...

 

Thank you very much for your help. If this post is wrong here, please don't hesitate to switch it to another topic. I am new here and in modding :-/


Hi @Paralone, this is the first time I've ever seen this error. Is it possible to have a sample of the files you have configured exempt the Exile.Esseker.pbo?

Thanks! (You're posting in the correct topic, and also there's another category on the forum regarding problem-solutions topics (Community < Problems & Bugs). 


Note : You have to start somewhere to get better in the future ;)

Edited by RX-777-BAO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys, great tutorial. I've been having a few problems making a trader. I've made the safezone around ES Petrol, and it appears on the map and works fine. My issue is with spawning my placed signs and traders themselves.

I've double checked the code and everything seemed to be in order, it just would not work for some reason. I decided to wipe what I've done and just start from scratch, unfortunately now my M3Editor just crashes ARMA when I try to Save to SQF, any idea what's causing this? (If I get it fixed I'll let you guys know how attempt 2 goes, and reply with my code).

Cheers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Velvet Thunder said:

Hey guys, great tutorial. I've been having a few problems making a trader. I've made the safezone around ES Petrol, and it appears on the map and works fine. My issue is with spawning my placed signs and traders themselves.

I've double checked the code and everything seemed to be in order, it just would not work for some reason. I decided to wipe what I've done and just start from scratch, unfortunately now my M3Editor just crashes ARMA when I try to Save to SQF, any idea what's causing this? (If I get it fixed I'll let you guys know how attempt 2 goes, and reply with my code).

Cheers.

Hi Velvet Thunder, 

Is the area of ES Petrol the only place where your signs and traders are not spawning ? (Trader is spawned by initPlayerLocal.sqf / Signs goes to initServer.sqf) 

Unfortunately I don't know any solutions to fix your problem of M3Editor crashing so I highly suggest to try making a thread about that.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16-12-2015 at 7:49 PM, RX-777-BAO said:


Hi @Paralone, this is the first time I've ever seen this error. Is it possible to have a sample of the files you have configured exempt the Exile.Esseker.pbo?

Thanks! (You're posting in the correct topic, and also there's another category on the forum regarding problem-solutions topics (Community < Problems & Bugs). 


Note : You have to start somewhere to get better in the future ;)

I have the same issue ? did you found out what the error was ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Rythron said:

I have the same issue ? did you found out what the error was ?

Hi @Rythron,

I have never actually gotten this error before so I cannot help for this particular error I'm sorry. Also the previous member who asked for help didn't provide any files to work around to reproduce the error/problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advertisement

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now