ThrottleFox

New to server scripting

4 posts in this topic

Si, I'm a long time A2 and A3 player, played  A LOT of the game mod 'domination' I got into DayZ when it came out and disliked it, got into DayZ epoch, it was alright, played maybe 2 days of A3 epoch before finding Exile, turns out its just what I like. I've tried a decent amount of servers(PvE my reaction time is slowish against players) and there's a few things from each I liked but cant find just the right one I was to stay on, I decided in the end to probably get my own server and have the mix I like. I know nothing of scripting or anything of the sort, I did a little, and i mean a VERY little on the ARK server I rented a long time ago.

I've done some reading and researching around, I would like missions Roaming AI and maybe VEMF, I have found these mods and would like advice on if they will do what I plan.

For missions I found DMS, I'm hoping this is the 'main' mission system I see in a lot of the servers, I would like to change difficulty, and maybe add one or 2 missions that give more building supplies, or edit rewards http://www.exilemod.com/topic/61-dms-defents-mission-system/

I'm not sure where I can find a Roaming AI script but I did find https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/144150-enemy-occupation-system-eos/,do not know if its what I would be looking for, I'm looking for something that will spawn 2-4 AI in a town or military ect. when someone goes there and maybe have 6 or so cars driving around, maybe in an ifrit or something, but then being able to 'steal' the vehicle and sell it or use it for yourself if you so wish(till restart at least, or perm is nice too)

For VEMF, well I found VEMF, so no problem there http://www.exilemod.com/topic/66-exile_vemf_reloaded-by-it07/

Finally I would like to add all the default ARMA 3 vehicles to the traders, and I found this, http://www.exilemod.com/topic/124-adding-vehicles-to-traders/

Thanks for those who spent the time to read and go over this, and i hope I'm on the right path of getting the server set up correctly, any advice would be greatly appreciated

My advice to you is PVE will get old very fast soon. I am currently hosting and playing a PVE server with my friends with loads of AI and zombies and it does get old pretty quickly. But if you want to choose that path, you are free to do so. DMS is easy to configure when you get the hold of it. If memory serves me right, configurations are straightforward because of all the instructions within the code are within comments ( // bla bla bla). For Roaming AI, I would recommend you A3XAI to install (same story, easy to change how many AIs you want patrolling etc.). The rest should be alright if you want a server filled with AI (or perhaps you want Zombies to be included too?)

P.S. : Modifying server scripts and pre-made addons are not that difficult, you gotta find the right guide and you'll be set to go c:

If you need help or something, I might be able to help you depending on my schedule.

Advertisement

Thanks RX-777-BAO, I was told about A3XAI last night and had a look. I did notice editing pre made scripts does seem straight forward and easy. PvE is my preferred game style, oddly enough I have a blast just running around seeing what I can loot and where and shooting the odd AI and building all sorts of stuff, against a player I tend to think more "are they friendly? do they need help? should I shoot? crap I'm dead"

Thanks for the advice, I'll let you know if i need help, so far so good, just installing infiSTAR atm, though I'm getting FTP errors and the provider will look into it.

Hi, also new server hosting. I'm on a dedicated server and have loaded A3xai according to the instructions and my server sits at reading mission for two hours so far. there are no other scripts or mods running currently. when i remove the added files the server starts within a minute and runs normally. i have the config set to lock the server until it is finished loading however it doesn't reach that point. it runs the kick players 1-100 and begins to read the mission then runs the kick again and returns to reading the mission. that cycle repeats endlessly.

Advertisement