Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Zarge °

A3X AI, Config issues

6 posts in this topic

I'm haveing trouble "dummying" down the Ai a little , i read wiki And followed the Tweaking information and still No luck my AI are still spotting people from 800m away and Shooting bambi's as soon as they Parachute down.

I'm running Version : 0.2.1, Maby someone has a newer version that they could hook me up with Please :)?

Anyone got a fix for this Please, Any help is greatly Appreciated!

Edited by Zarge °

That's the latest version, at least that was publicly released, to my knowledge. There are settings in the A3XAI config PBO for the skill level of the AI that you can tweak down to make them less difficult. Just keep turning them down until they are where you want them to be.

1 person likes this

Advertisement
5 hours ago, Spartan said:

That's the latest version, at least that was publicly released, to my knowledge. There are settings in the A3XAI config PBO for the skill level of the AI that you can tweak down to make them less difficult. Just keep turning them down until they are where you want them to be.

Spartan is correct. For version 0.2.1 if you unpack the a3xai_config.pbo, inside you'll find config.cpp... Somewhere around line 470-475 depending on if you've made any edits to the file already, you should find the start of the AI Skill Settings. You can adjust the individual AI stats for each lvl of AI A3XAI spawns, 0-3. If 800m headshots ect are an issue, try lowering things like accuracy and spot distance. You can also adjust below this, the probabilities for each AI to have different types of items/ gear. There are a lot of other settings you can alter here to ease things in different ways. Around line 170-180ish there are some settings for disabling the AI's abilities to heal themselves, use launchers or under slung attachments ect. From around line 200 down to 470 where the AI settings are, you can adjust the parameters for each type of spawn individually such as how many vehilce patrols you want, how many air patrols, how many random spawns, static spawns. Really you'll just want to go through this config top to bottom to custom tailor A3XAI how you would like it. 

Side note, the lines i'm referring too are visible when viewing the file with an editor like NotePad++ (free program). Hope this helps

10 minutes ago, Whiplash said:

PM me an email address I will share with you my config file. I have the AI down to where they are much like players. Spartan can attest to this as he use to play on my server. The trick is to know what numbers to use and understand decimals.

PM'ed you

On 12/10/2015 at 9:54 PM, Whiplash said:

PM me an email address I will share with you my config file. I have the AI down to where they are much like players. Spartan can attest to this as he use to play on my server. The trick is to know what numbers to use and understand decimals.

I PM'ed you too :D

Advertisement