Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
massasster

Random Reward

4 posts in this topic

Needed a reward script for a "mission" area (I created a bandit island and wanted to reward players for taking over the island) so I crapped together a fast script to fit my purpose using an old domination mission script I had. I wanted vehicles that were not available at traders and were considered too "over powered" to remain on the map, so all vehicles/objects are deleted on server reboot.

Requirements:  trigger area

10saeco.jpg

(quick note: there is a ; before the [], that shouldn't be there, I wasn't paying attention when i deleted code for this screen shot)

reward marker:  (visible or non)

2wqcpeb.jpg

and the reward script.  

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
/////				Random Reward By: MassAsster                       ///////
/////					Es-Gamers.com				   ///////
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

private["_targetrewardsText","_thereward","_thegift","_vehicle","_pos"];	

_thereward = ["B_Heli_Light_01_armed_F","B_Heli_Attack_01_F","B_MBT_01_cannon_F","B_MBT_01_arty_F","B_MBT_01_mlrs_F","B_APC_Wheeled_01_cannon_F","I_MRAP_03_hmg_F","I_Heli_light_03_F","B_Plane_CAS_01_F"];
_thegift = _thereward call BIS_fnc_selectRandom;

_pos = getMarkerPos "rewardzone";
_vehicle = [_thegift, _pos, 190, true] call ExileServer_object_vehicle_createNonPersistentVehicle;

_vehicle allowDamage false;
				_vehicle setPosATL _pos;
				_vehicle setDamage 0;
				_vehicle allowDamage true;

_targetrewardsText = format ["<t align='center' size='2.2'>BANDIT ISLAND</t><br/><t size='1.5' align='center' color='#00FF80'>REWARD!</t><br/>____________________<br/><t align='left'>Convicts have claimed the prize at Bandit Island</t>",currentAO];
GlobalHint = _targetrewardsText; publicVariable "GlobalHint"; hint parseText GlobalHint;

Edited by massasster
make a note
3 people like this

Very nice script. I'll probably adapt it for my server. Maybe a random reward that selects a vehicle or box with stuff in it.

Advertisement

Finally got around to checking this out. Apparently I need to define the location in mission.sqm? Couldn't the position just be defined in the script?

2 hours ago, BetterDeadThanZed said:

Finally got around to checking this out. Apparently I need to define the location in mission.sqm? Couldn't the position just be defined in the script?

_pos = getMarkerPos "rewardzone";

_pos = [10080,7850,0];

or you could use the script like a function for missions etc and call it, passing the position making it universal..

_position = [1000,2000,0];

_position call Fnc_Random_Reward;

then in random reward..

_pos = _this select 0;

You get the idea :)

Hope that helps somewhat!

Advertisement