bustednuts

Ned Help with arma update

8 posts in this topic

I have 2 dedicated servers that I rent and I have like 4 exile servers running on them. I payed a guys alot of money to get these going . I can do mods and different maps but I have no clue what to do to update my 4 exile servers to the new arma 3 update. If anyone can help me that would be awesome. I would pay the guy to do it but i dont have a extra 100 bucks laying around. 

He asked you for 100$ just to update the server ?

ON: Got no idea :|

Edited by Da Pi

Advertisement

I got no experience in arma servers , but i'm a veteran of Half-Life/CS servers:

This should be free ... You should not be charged to update any server just because the game updated...

Well It the time I didnt know much about it. Now a year later the guy I had doing it it getting very hard to get ahold of him and I dont have the money to give to him. I think its too much money. And I am having a hard time finding the info i need to get it done. Even on there web site it has instructions to update for linux and not the windows server. I dont get it.

Hmm.. Strange that they haven't uploaded a tutorial on how to update on windows server...

Edited by Da Pi

Backup your files, e.g. Map, database, etc.

Perform steps 1-2 or download from here.

1. Download and extract:

Spoiler

Windows

1. Create a folder for SteamCMD.

For example

C:\steamcmd

2. Download SteamCMD for Windows: https://steamcdn-a.akamaihd.net/client/installer/steamcmd.zip

3. Extract the contents of the zip to the folder.

2. Create a .bat with(Look at the script and modify what you need to. Replace user/pass with server steam info):

Spoiler

@echo off
echo Install Arma3
steamcmd +login "USER" "PASS" +force_install_dir C:\steamcmd +app_update 233782 validate +quit
echo ----------------------------------------
echo Downloaded...
echo ----------------------------------------
pause

Edited by wernerz
Addition

Advertisement