John

Stamina - Lets discuss some new "features"

24 posts in this topic

Hi friends. This is not a whinge thread, this is not a place to complain, this is a place for constructive discussion. I have done some extensive testing and here are my thoughts. I have some questions also im hoping an open discussion may help get some answers.

Before you read further - Currently unless you mod the game, if you are at MAX LOAD ie, you are carry the max weight limit of your character, you walk, end of story, there is no setting to turn this off. It needs to be modded by EXILE or changed by BI.

Edit, they are fixing it - https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/183855-release-candidate-branch-announcements/?p=2944651#entry2944651

Firstly, if you have already, see this https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Stamina and this https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/CfgMovesFatigue

How does the new fatigue system work? With no changes, players can "jog" forever, stamina only comes into effect when players sprint. This is vastly different to the old system where over time, players would be forced to walk. With this system you can have no stamina, but still jog forever.

How do you disable it? Via these two commands - 

enableStamina false;

allowSprint true;

What does this command do? -- 

setCustomAimCoef

From the description it is suppose to reduce weapon sway "size" and "speed" however, all this seems to do in game is drastically reduce / increase the SPEED of weapon sway, for instance a value of 0.1 , your weapon sway is exactly the same however it is slowed down so much it feels better, but if you sit there and watch your aiming retical the gun still moves the same amount.

setAnimSpeedCoef

Anyone have any thoughts on this? For me, I could not get it to effect anything at all. Its likely tied to stamina being enabled, something I didnt have when testing.

aimPrecisionSpeedCoef

This one, I need to do more testing but heres my thoughts so far - Irrelevant of stamina being disabled the more load you carry, the quicker your character will gain additional weapon sway effects from running. This setting will reduce the time it takes for weapon sway to reach normal values after running.

Anyone else have any thoughts? 

Edited by John

Advertisement

ok how do i find it my server is down because for some reason its missing or something like that now my server is dead because of this stupid stamina bar thing

16 minutes ago, Gnome said:

ok how do i find it my server is down because for some reason its missing or something like that now my server is dead because of this stupid stamina bar thing

There are fixes are over the forums. Look for it.

what fix i cant even find the file period i found the fatigue settings but no stamina bar thing

4 minutes ago, Gnome said:

what fix i cant even find the file period i found the fatigue settings but no stamina bar thing

Stickied at the top of this forum and its the first post..

this is what im getting 

No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgDifficulties/ExileRegular/Flags.StaminaBar'.

On 12/2/2015, 7:39:42, Flosstradamus said:

it got the stamina bar error away but now it dont load exile at all it just starts the game like the normal arma 3

also the server wont start because is says Exile.client is missing when you do what that link says to do by deleting the config.bin and making a config.cpp it does nothing 

Advertisement