Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
J.R.

Bambi Killer Intel System/Bounties

4 posts in this topic

DISCLAIMER:  I know that the bounty system is something the devs have planned and are fleshing out.  I did my best with the time I have to search if there had already been ideas similar to mine on this and I didn't find them.  If I missed them, please link them to me.  Otherwise...here goes.

Bambi Killer Intel System/Better Bounty Enhanced

I like how Exile tries to prevent players from killing bambi's by penalizing them with respect loss.  It might also be neat to have some of the following features to make the hunting of bambi killers feel more immediate and responsive as well as making bambi killers think twice.

1.  Bambi Killer Intel System - If a player killed a bambi, perhaps there could be some channel, or "police scanner" type item that would give players with this item the ability to receive approximate grid coordinates for the murdered bambi's body immediately upon death of the bambi.  Perhaps the item would make a beep noise or just a pop up a message that could read something like "The body of a bambi named <bambi player name> was just found in grid <coordinates>, slain by <bambi killers name> with a <weapon name> from a distance of <distance>.  Hunt this asshole down!"  Of course, this feature should be possible to disable if server owners don't like it.

2.  Bounty Board Enhanced - I am sure this has already been suggested, but I will suggest it anyways.  A bounty board in the XM8 with ranking system for Bambi killers so they have an incentive to kill bambis.  Being the top ranked bambi killers would mean your death would provide some respect incentive upon being killed.  Once killed, your bambi rank drops back to zero so players couldn't abuse respect farming by having a friend kill them as a bambi many times over, rise in the ranks, then kill the bambi slayer for respect.  In other words, bambi killers rank on this board depends on them staying alive, meaning the longer their murder streak gets, the higher their recognition on the server, and the more respect points for the one that tags them.

I've got a couple more ideas that I haven't been able to think on too much, but will in the future.

2 people like this

MGT has introduced some sort of Bounty system already to fill the gap before Exile finish theirs idea. Every player can give Bounty (cash) on other player. When he does the killer gets that amount In cash. It also shows his location like @power plant @mine etc. It works pretty well.

1 person likes this

Advertisement

Whatever system is used, please do not allow it to reveal the location of the person that has a bounty on them. Some players pride themselves with being able to stealthily move around the map or hide their bases, and on servers that have bounties suddenly everyone on the server knows their exact location regardless of how careful or stealthy they play. I no longer play on any server that does this.

If I take a week scouting out a base location and carefully build it hiding and concealing my comings and goings, the last thing I want is the server putting a big red dot on it saying "here he is". Same with when I'm stealthily stalking another player. If he sees me due to his own skill, great! But don't just hand it to him because it was my turn at the bounty.

Especially if locks are going to be pickable and walls destructable. If someone wants to spend the effort stalking me to my base, then spend the time manually trying each combo one at a time (been there, DONE THAT quite successfully I might add) more power to them. But if all they have to do is have the right gear or pile of explosives with them, I don't want the server telling them where to find me..

Edited by :]v[: Assassin
1 person likes this

It shows your nearby location. It's around 9 square kilometers. And it says military/quarry and such. If you would test it you would like it. ;-)

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0