Mikeeeyy

Locally Created Vehicles in Trader Cities

4 posts in this topic

Please can you add a check to your traders such as the waste dump and customs so that it skips vehicles that are locally spawned. I have made a trader city which contains some vehicles for show and all the objects are spawned locally. The checks to find a vehicle to sell or paint check if the vehicle is local (driver seat) and alive, but if you spawn them locally they will always be local to you, compared to if I spawned the vehicle globally server side, the vehicle would never be local (presuming it's always locked), so it wouldn't be a problem. Please add this check to your conditions:

!(netId <obj var> isEqualTo "0:0")

I'm pretty sure your code only works with global objects anyway so this is better practice. It will solve this issue: http://puu.sh/lJ4rZ/aac14300ff.JPG

EDIT: Also please stop it from finding static weapons: http://puu.sh/lJ5li/6691b5d174.JPG

!(<obj var> isKindOf "StaticWeapon")

EDIT2: Also when will Exile be available on Github, would be nice if I could just make a pull request for this kind of stuff.

Thanks,

Mike

Edited by Mikeeeyy

Advertisement

I am sorry, but this is not a good idea at all. createVehicleLocal will be replaced/removed in the future. As from what I know (spoiler!) Bohemia will output a warning when using createVehicleLocal in the Eden update. It will be completely gone in the Apex update. At least that is the plan. As far as I know, there will be something like createVehicleNonNetwork or so.

One could say they are currently not really local. Every time you create something local and do some commands on it (like setPos), the engine still sends that info to the server. More worse than that, some objects are transferred to the server when the client disconnects. You will see some "Object not found" messages in the server logs. 

Do not ask me why. For me, I have stopped asking questions.

19 hours ago, Eichi said:

I am sorry, but this is not a good idea at all. createVehicleLocal will be replaced/removed in the future. As from what I know (spoiler!) Bohemia will output a warning when using createVehicleLocal in the Eden update. It will be completely gone in the Apex update. At least that is the plan. As far as I know, there will be something like createVehicleNonNetwork or so.

One could say they are currently not really local. Every time you create something local and do some commands on it (like setPos), the engine still sends that info to the server. More worse than that, some objects are transferred to the server when the client disconnects. You will see some "Object not found" messages in the server logs. 

Do not ask me why. For me, I have stopped asking questions.

What the actual fuck.

Advertisement