Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Corbit

Infistar Ban

Question

Not really sure if this is the right place for this but I really don't know where to go and what to do.

After spending about an hour downloading mods and trying to join a server I had played on before the Arma 3 update, I was immediately banned after spawning.  The server admin provided me with the ban from the log which is - 05-12-2015 17:11:19 infiSTAR.de | 2h 6min 29s | Corbit(XXXXX) | MenuBasedHack: 162 CTRLS: [] [FPS: 9.78593|SERVERTHREADS: 33] (v0020D).

I was playing on another server earlier to this without any problems but am now scared to join another server incase this happens again. 

I don't expect anyone to believe I am innocent and I am not bothered about being unbanned on the server.  I just want to ensure this doesn't happen again and maybe get to the bottom of why it happened so other can avoid it.

What would cause this to happen if not an actual hack?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

3 answers to this question

Ok, so the server admin provided you with that piece of log... Wauw.. This is something the server admin have to fix. 

Make sure you're only connecting to the server with the mods the server is running though, if you have any 3rd party that the server isn't running this may also cause this ban. Or of course hacks B|

1 person likes this

Ka0s, thanks for the reply.

I tried talking to the server admin but apart from providing the log of my ban he was unwilling to help further.

I guess there is nothing I can do.

Please use the search function, there is a few topics related to this :)

That idd there means you somehow managed to open this window:

d15-12-2015-00-25-17.png

That is used in very many hackmenus for example cleaning the lists and adding playernames on the left, hack selection in the middle and maybe a maphack on the right display.

Thus to that is has been blacklisted for a long time.

Just recently a new hackmenu using that display came out (for whatever reason) and suddenly people starting getting banned for false positive?

Nahhh..

I've set it to kick only for future updates, but I doubt some new arma magic happens here ^_^ However knowing the people that work on arma. everything is possible..

http://www.exilemod.com/topic/8561-infistar-ban-menubasedhack-answered/?do=findComment&comment=43386

http://www.exilemod.com/topic/8599-infistar-ban/?do=findComment&comment=44124

Advertisement