Vonsweetz

Vert Questions

9 posts in this topic

After much reading and debate I decided to go with vert for exile instead of vilayer. I have used Vilayer for Arma 2 epoch and Arma 3 life so it was a hard choice for me lol. I never really had any problems with Vilayer but I read great reviews about Vert and the price was a considerable amount cheaper with promo code. So I took the Exile/TS package :) Vilayer was easy for me, being new to servers and coding. Little to none PBO work hehe. Installing and adding mods took me finding the right files located in the server directory. Loved it. With Vert however, mainly pbos. And a dreaded command line :S

I have spent the last 24+ hrs trying to install esseker on the server with no luck. I have read guide after guide within these forums, but still at a loss as what I am doing wrong. I hate asking for help, as you can see I have tried for the last day to install this map.

So my questions are:

1. Please explain how -mod and -servermod work? I may be adding some mods / stuff in wrong sections

2. I can access the server via FTP but I cannot edit/add or delete files? Is that how is suppose to be? With vilayer I could do everything through ftp.

3. Most guides on installing esseker are with dedi machines, which differ with game providers. Should I be putting esseker in MPMissions folder? Or should I be creating a new @esseker folder? Hell I could be going about it the wrong way lol.

4. With vilayer I just had a arma3.rpt file in log viewer, I have that in vert but also a amra3.log? What is the significance of that? Should I pay close attention to it?

I will stop there for now, its 3 a.m and the wifey just woke up after this long wall of text, gotta go to bed now :(

But if anyone could help me or possibly meet up with me on TS it would be greatly appreciated. I know Im asking a lot, but hey a guy has to start somewhere right? Thanks for reading. Apologies for the zzzzzzzzzzzzz

Hey vonsweetz, I host with Vert. I've been pleased with their service, and the price is right.

1. You need to go in the Commandline Manager in tcadmin and click where it says Custom Commandlines at the top. From there you can set it up how you want. When you are creating a custom commandline you will see a box that says description (put Exile Esseker or whatever you want in there it's just for your purposes) and under that you will see 3 boxes. One says something like configuration directory and the other two say mods. Check both of the boxes next to where it says mods. This is a little strange, but in the top mods box, put your mods like so: @Exile;@Esseker; etc. In the bottom mods box, put -servermod=@ExileServer; and any other servermods you want to run. Save that and select it as the one you want to run.

2. Not sure what's going on with your FTP. I can access my files, delete, upload, download just fine. Do you have the right settings on your FTP program? I use WinSCP or something like that (it's free).

3. You should have a folder like @Esseker in your root and run it as a mod. In your mpmissions folder, you will need an Exile.Esseker mission PBO set up to run with the Esseker map.

4. Arma, Exile, Battleye, etc. generate a lot of log files. Vert aggregates many of these logs in your Log Viewer "app" for convenience. The actual files are located wherever in your directories, this is more of a shortcut. Your RPT file is what is currently going on, there is a master Arma3 log that is what the RPT gets saved to when you stop or restart the server and start generating a new RPT.

Hope this helps. Check my post in my Server Showcase thread for Teamspeak information if you want to chat sometime.

Advertisement

Thanks for the feedback. Was on your TS a few days ago. Must of missed ya. Blake, one of the admins has been helping me out.

No problem, if it's during the day (central US), I'm usually text only in TS because of work. So if you see me, just send me a poke.

I use Vert also. Have either of you installed Lockheed C130?  I am trying to do that now. I feel like I am forgetting something with it. No idea what to put in the command line for it. It usually says what to put in the command lines in the read me txt, but not this time......

I'm having a poor experiencing with Vert Hosting. They have not responded to support requests for an unprovisioned MySQL DB for my Exile server and they have expired SSL certificates (https://verthosting.com). I almost didn't go with them because of the expires SSL certificate (it's a sign of shoddy IT), but I did and I'm starting to think that my instincts were correct.

Edited by ENETDOWN
1 person likes this

It looks like Vert Hosting requires installing one more old Exile Mode packages through their one click installers to get the MySQL DB. I find the install path convoluted and asinine. At this time i can't recommend Vert Hosting to anyone that already has servers files and a database they want to move to another host, in this situation avoid Vert Hosting. 

Edited by ENETDOWN

Issue has been resolved, but it took more back and forth with support then it should have.

Advertisement