Boxman80

Improve Exile - A Wishlist (37 Suggestions & Growing!)

211 posts in this topic

yea I just read your post, cracking idea mate.  The fact it's been suggested more than once just goes to show it's something that many of us would like to see introduced. I think we are likely to see many of these suggestions cropping up multiple times - which is a good thing as it means most of us are singing from the same hymm sheet! 

What I'll do is update some of the best ideas that the community in general feel are good ideas and add them to this list, with credit of who is suggesting what here. 

may as well add in paid for spawn points for player base seen few on this topic I used to have it in A2 had a 30min timer so can't be abused

Great post and i like everyone of the suggestions. From a personal point of view the ones most important to me in no particular order are as follows:

1:No revive!.....For me this detracts massively from what arma is. The intensity to the combat derives from the ball ache of getting dead, losing your gear and having a journey to get back to the fight. Knowing one of your mates will just revive you detracts massively from that and you're playing battlefield or COD. Arma has a much more realistic combat experience, you're not bunny hopping into a room and drilling four guys in the face in under a second. How does one team take a hill from another team when every time you blow someone's head off his mate revives him with magic paddles. The instadoc for me is more than enough in terms of medical aid.

2: Storage: .....safes need to hold more is they are going to be the only means of lockable storage. One thing that has always niggled me about dayz is little safes that fit huge objects in them. What i would love to see in the game is diversity in the game when it comes to lockable storage allowing server admins to vary their price structure to reflect their value and security. These are the items i would suggest:

Lock Box: 3 digit code, stores a small out of mass, no rifles, your talking nvg's, range finders, pistol, food and meds

Storage shed: no code, stores a large amount of mass with no size restriction so weapons can be stored as well as materials.

Locked storage shed: 3 digit code, same as above but a locked version

Gun cabinet: 4 digit code, carries 12 rifles, 12 pistols/or equipment eg range finder, plenty of room for ammo

Safe: 4 digit code: Doesn't take weapons ideal for storing those high value small items such as explosives and mines.

3: I would like to see your body being persistent longer but as the OP said i don't know if this just the server i play in.

4: Food and Drink: your food and drink meter needs to bleed out at a slower rate.

5: Vehicle repair: At the very least this should require time with a reasonable animation in which you are vulnerable to complete the repair.

The other night a guy in a strider was trying to knock our small group over, new to the game we had no heavy weapons but managed to take out his wheels in short order. He turned the vehicle away from us jumped out of it on the blind side and the vehicle was at a 100% in a split second and he was off. Like the OP posted i would like to see more depth to repairing specific items and tools needs with animations in which you are vulnerable while you complete the task but at the very least the repair needs to take time to complete.

6: bed spawns would be great given the size of the map.

The rest would be great but the above are the ones most important to myself   

Edited by Sosad
spelling correction
2 people like this

Advertisement

On your suggestion about hunger/thirst meter what about that audible heart beat noise kicking in when you're down to 10% on either. That is certainly something you can't miss and gives you plenty of time to take a drink or scoff some of that raw cat food i always seam to be eating.

I like this list and hope most of it gets implemented.

I do disagree with #20. I do like that it can help server load but I don't like the fact that it's a virtual garage because it seems cheap if they're being raided.

1 person likes this

Just bear in mind this is a PVP mod not a survival mod. Always saw it as a Wasteland hybrid, as for map indicators when you die? You should be aware of where you are at any given time personally. It shouldn't be made easier so you don't have to pay much attention.

Edited by Rangecreed
1 person likes this

Just bear in mind this is a PVP mod not a survival mod. Always saw it as a Wasteland hybrid, as for map indicators when you die? You should be aware of where you are at any given time personally. It shouldn't be made easier so you don't have to pay much attention.

I think this is fine if given significantly more time to get back to your body before it disappears. At present even if you have a good idea of where your body is you often don't have time to get back to it and loot it.

1 person likes this

Good wish list, totaly agree with this. More vehicles and weapons. FTW!

Edited by Trillseeker82

I think this is fine if given significantly more time to get back to your body before it disappears. At present even if you have a good idea of where your body is you often don't have time to get back to it and loot it.

That was a cleanup issue should of been fixed now. Wouldn't of mattered if you made it back in 30 seconds. Cleaned up if no clients within set distance at that time.

This is actually a Wasteland server script. It's a useful (and popular) little feature that is more for player convenience than anything else. Most people do know where they are most of the time, but even though you may know where your body is roughly it often saves time and helps with various bugged deaths or deaths that occur during transit. For me it's all about convenience and the less time you spend trying to locate exactly where your body is, the more likely you are to encounter people looting you or the quicker you get back into a fight - that in my opinion helps support the PvP elements.  Small feature but it is very nice and saves so much time. 

I like this list and hope most of it gets implemented.

I do disagree with #20. I do like that it can help server load but I don't like the fact that it's a virtual garage because it seems cheap if they're being raided.

Raiding vehicles now is pointless in 9/10 cases as the vehicles are locked anyway. For the massive boost in  of performance it is completely worth it in my opinion, but even if it were introduced it wouldnt stop raiding of vehicles as the garages woudl still cost money and not all base owners would immediately be able to afford them. Also, it would encourage trying to take vehicles from players, rather than just attacking them when they are offline (which is frustrating and just encourages and supports trolling).

Having seen virtual garages on other wasteland/overpoch servers, I've noted this does actually enhance gameplay as it increase PvP encounters because players only get access to those vehicles while the owners are online. This means more thought and effort goes into inventive ways of attacking and securing players using vehicles.  

Edited by Boxman80

some amazing ideas here, also would love to see open and closing windows more stations you can add to your base such as a portable water source and a station where you can fix your cars just more things like this makes base building more fun/important. 

a thing what im not sure on is some sort of camera you can add to say above your front door where you can place liek a computer screen or tv in your base what shows a live picture but they would have to cost alot or be able to take damage to stop them been to op and not allowing thermal on them 

i would also like to see cars/helis been much more harder to get as on the server i play on is really great but 90% of the time when i see a player hes in a car or he has one parked close by or hes a Bambi  something like this is hard to fix tho because u don't really wont them too expensive but you don't want them too cheap  

Edited by Jameson
1 person likes this

Advertisement