Boxman80

Improve Exile - A Wishlist (37 Suggestions & Growing!)

218 posts in this topic

Either find a way to integrate ACE and its damage model
- or alternatively make it easier to deactivate the Exile health system, so that you can replace it with 3rd party mods such as ACE. Modularity!
Might be useful on other parts as well.

Thanks & cheers!

Now this board has been enabled again i'll update this thread shortly and get it back on track and add some of the more common features people are asking for. 

6 people like this

Advertisement

Posted (edited)

To Fix the way the database handles magazines, a year later ammo is still deleted just from picking up gear, swapping gear or reloading. 

Edited by Rangecreed

lets have the radar working again in vehicles when you set a waypoint, was very useful to see the orange square on the radar whilst driving a strider.

Posted (edited)

Entirely reworked loot cleanup. Loot cleanup being on a predefined global cleanup is honestly horrible, it has ruined gameplay more than anything. Why parameters are not setup to not affect loot when players are nearby is a mystery. Not to mention it fails to cleanup weapon placeholders most of the time.

There is nothing worse than sitting on a corpse waiting for a squadie to loot and then it gets cleaned up because it has reached the defined cleanup cycle.  It needs entirely reworked.

Edited by Rangecreed

On 2.4.2017 at 5:41 PM, Rangecreed said:

Entirely reworked loot cleanup. Loot cleanup being on a predefined global cleanup is honestly horrible, it has ruined gameplay more than anything. Why parameters are not setup to not affect loot when players are nearby is a mystery. Not to mention it fails to cleanup weapon placeholders most of the time.

There is nothing worse than sitting on a corpse waiting for a squadie to loot and then it gets cleaned up because it has reached the defined cleanup cycle.  It needs entirely reworked.

If i am not to outdated to this then in the early exile versions the loot didnt disappear if someone was near. I think it was because of Performance Issues. The Server has to check continuously if someone is near loot and decide on that if he can despawn it or dont despawn it.

But im not sure to this!

1 hour ago, Orbitus said:

If i am not to outdated to this then in the early exile versions the loot didnt disappear if someone was near. I think it was because of Performance Issues. The Server has to check continuously if someone is near loot and decide on that if he can despawn it or dont despawn it.

But im not sure to this!

Yes, this! Checking if a player is nearby to prevent despawning adds addtional server overhead and Arma servers cry when there are too many constructions on the server. We have had this in the first version and it turned out to be horrible.

On 2.4.2017 at 5:41 PM, Rangecreed said:

Not to mention it fails to cleanup weapon placeholders most of the time.

Weapon placeholders? If you mean the GroundWeaponHolder class, they are cleaned up in a different way.

4 people like this

Config option to server's admins/owners choose what the tools can break and what we get.

for example: i want the axe can be able to break trees and drops wood, okay its alrerady. But i want too the axe be able to break rocks and drops rocks (or another item that i created)... I want the sledge hammer be able to break one type of walls, containners, maybe some types of vehicles, and have diferent loots.

That would be really amazing!

Advertisement