Boxman80

Improve Exile - A Wishlist (56 Suggestions & Ideas - and Growing!)

221 posts in this topic

some amazing ideas here, also would love to see open and closing windows more stations you can add to your base such as a portable water source and a station where you can fix your cars just more things like this makes base building more fun/important. 

a thing what im not sure on is some sort of camera you can add to say above your front door where you can place liek a computer screen or tv in your base what shows a live picture but they would have to cost alot or be able to take damage to stop them been to op and not allowing thermal on them 

i would also like to see cars/helis been much more harder to get as on the server i play on is really great but 90% of the time when i see a player hes in a car or he has one parked close by or hes a Bambi  something like this is hard to fix tho because u don't really wont them too expensive but you don't want them too cheap  

I agree, there does need to be more of an emphasis on base building. I like those suggestions about having buildable water sources (I'll add that to the original list) and it naturally compliments the ideas above about having sustainable food to be grown in bases. I appreciate this may have some of the community who want all out PvP action reading that with their heads tilted, but hear me out - the more things you cram into this game to tick as many boxes associated with this genre, the more people you attract and the more diverse and long last this game will be.

Having something to do in game besides killing other players genuinely adds depth to the game, having the option to be able to build your own well (should be expensive or have a long list of prerequisite crafting probably) or water source, is just another goal to add to the base building system.

I like the CCTV camera idea and I've seen that on A2 epoch servers so there is a script already that could be sourced or used for inspiration. It's a nice thing to look at and can be quite fun too, it's not a game changer but as above, it's another little objective to base building and for some this is a big thing. 

In regard to how accessible vehicles are, they probably are planning some more balancing in relation to out of the box prices for market items, but to be honest, until the loot, tools and vehicles have been vastly improved you cant really start balancing prices in the marketing. Not without expecting major changes further down the line at least. 

Personally I think it's important to keep vehicles affordable, especially on large maps like Altis! I do agree that more military grade stuff should cost players a little more than it does now (so it plays well with the risk/reward part of the game and really gives players a sting if they lose top tech gear!) but I dont think large portions of the community should be priced out of it al together. It should be a few hours worth of work to obtain most half decent to decent vehicles in my opinion. 

That way you can expect to see more group v group battles with military grade gear and as I say make it sting when you inflict vehicle damage on them. Having them relatively affordable will keep this as a realistic goal for most groups though and keep it common enough so that bigger groups dont just dominate servers. 

Edited by Boxman80
2 people like this

don';t even know if its possible but it would be great to be able to make some of the military type towers dotted around the map yourself as a compete kit with the right amount of gear X metal poles, Y metal scrap, Z metal boards.

It should take quite a lot so its not overly easy, so you need poles, scarp and metal boards to make a panel, X amount of panels to make tower section, X amount of sections to make a tower.

1 person likes this

Advertisement

don';t even know if its possible but it would be great to be able to make some of the military type towers dotted around the map yourself as a compete kit with the right amount of gear X metal poles, Y metal scrap, Z metal boards.

It should take quite a lot so its not overly easy, so you need poles, scarp and metal boards to make a panel, X amount of panels to make tower section, X amount of sections to make a tower.

This idea would be pretty cool, and I think with some scripts it could be accomplished possibly. I remember DirtySanchez had something like this on his epoch server and has been trying to convert it to Exile. Though it wasn't as grand as a military tower.

oh man why no one wants to have revive ... its only in 2 minutes possible and maybe not even instant so like a 10s cast and only 1 time per life ... just look for the enemy body 2 MINUTES :..... thats NOTHING in arma   2minutes are like 20 seconds so thats not that bad like u think. not everyone will have the stuff to do that easy.

and after all not every server will hold revive u know.

1 person likes this

oh man why no one wants to have revive ... its only in 2 minutes possible and maybe not even instant so like a 10s cast and only 1 time per life ... just look for the enemy body 2 MINUTES :..... thats NOTHING in arma   2minutes are like 20 seconds so thats not that bad like u think. not everyone will have the stuff to do that easy.

and after all not every server will hold revive u know.

I don't like the idea because of the implications when attacking a base or a enemy that is defending a fixed position like a high loot barracks.

If my group attack your group at your base and there is no revive we can pick you off and prevent new spawns getting back to your base and eventually clear the base out.

If there is revive every time we kill one of you one of your team simply revives him and there is no possibility to clear the base.

Same goes if your team is defending a barracks, how do we take it when those that we kill keep coming back to life

1 person likes this

I don't like the idea because of the implications when attacking a base or a enemy that is defending a fixed position like a high loot barracks.

If my group attack your group at your base and there is no revive we can pick you off and prevent new spawns getting back to your base and eventually clear the base out.

If there is revive every time we kill one of you one of your team simply revives him and there is no possibility to clear the base.

Same goes if your team is defending a barracks, how do we take it when those that we kill keep coming back to life

oh man u can only revive once per life and if one of ur mate die u can revive him too ..... and 2 minutes are soooo fast ur must look for the dead body for a second if hes on a bad spot where he can be revived.

just think about the 2 minutes on epoch u got 10 minutes in a fight that was just enough 2 minutes would be over so most of the time if u die on open field u can respawn if u dont got crazy mates.

and again there would be more different choices between the servers not every1 will keep revive.

"how do we take it when those that we kill keep coming back to life"

so u cant clear a city or house on epoch because they keep coming back to life ? never happend to me  lol. u need in addition the stuff to revive ... 

oh man u can only revive once per life and if one of ur mate die u can revive him too ..... and 2 minutes are soooo fast ur must look for the dead body for a second if hes on a bad spot where he can be revived.

just think about the 2 minutes on epoch u got 10 minutes in a fight that was just enough 2 minutes would be over so most of the time if u die on open field u can respawn if u dont got crazy mates.

and again there would be more different choices between the servers not every1 will keep revive.

"how do we take it when those that we kill keep coming back to life"

so u cant clear a city or house on epoch because they keep coming back to life ? never happend to me  lol. u need in addition the stuff to revive ... 

In epoch they don't come back inside the structure your trying to clear them out of.

If i shoot you in your base in epoch you can get back there in ten minutes sure but you have no kit and you have to try and get in your base when we are attacking it. Under the revive system the people you kill effectively respawn inside the structure you are trying to clear out. Even if restricted to one revive that still means it takes twice as long to clear out a position as it does now and for me that's twice to long.

Life is all about opinions though, we all have different ones. You think revive is a good idea, i don't

In epoch they don't come back inside the structure your trying to clear them out of.

If i shoot you in your base in epoch you can get back there in ten minutes sure but you have no kit and you have to try and get in your base when we are attacking it. Under the revive system the people you kill effectively respawn inside the structure you are trying to clear out. Even if restricted to one revive that still means it takes twice as long to clear out a position as it does now and for me that's twice to long.

Life is all about opinions though, we all have different ones. You think revive is a good idea, i don't

lol its just a game come down just keep an eye on the dead body behind ur back for 2 minutes u writing it like u need to look out for 1h. but u will change the server its okay.

lol its just a game come down just keep an eye on the dead body behind ur back for 2 minutes u writing it like u need to look out for 1h. but u will change the server its okay.

Sorry you lost me mate i'm unsure of the point you are making. what does keeping an eye on a body behind me for two minutes have to do with attacking a defended position?

Advertisement