Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DarkSideSixOff

New Vehicles in Exile

5 posts in this topic

New vehicles like the SUV XL, and Lada as per so far tested, are... well, they're cool, nice additions. But after comparing them to existing vehicles, they're actually more of a liability. You're more at risk getting those new vehicles than using existing ones. The SUV Vs. SUV XL are as follows. SUV is fast, maneuverable, and a decent size. The SUv XL, is just a bit larger, but is much slower in acceleration, and turns... It turns as wide as Texas.

The bus is good but, well, it's a bus. No surprise there, its slow and does Bus things. =D

Lada is ok, small, maneuverable, slow.

The other car is a faster version of the Lada basically. 

All in all, the new vehicles are not really better than any of the existing ones, in terms of performance. They're a new look to throw among the existing content, which is awesome. However, the Prices... Well, they're not really worth it. You're more likely to die and lose that 20K worth of SUV-XL due to it's performance gap than you would with say, a regular SUV.

Thoughts?

Advertisement

Really kind of disappointed with the SUV. I own a suburban myself and it is not nearly that cumbersome. I suggest making it a little bit more nimble with the turning and a better speed and braking. I am also having a weird glitch in first person where the gauge needles are in the wind screen. I was very happy to hear the starting V8 rumble but then immediately disappointed when I heard the small 4 cylinder diesel sound. Please for the love of god replace that engine sound. Otherwise I really enjoy it!

2 people like this

I agree, in fact, the turn rate is as good as the Ikarus bus... which is actually absurd, because it's an SUV. I've owned 2 SUV's IRL, and they are quite nice, and drive much better than the Arma 3 Offroad. The SUV-XL could use a serious tweak, else wise there's literally no reason to buy it at all.

1 person likes this

agree. Id say make its specs as far as speed and handling match the pickup. I sold mine after a hour of use. It cant even climb up a decent hill. The hi end speed is there. But it has as no torque at all. 

Edited by postal
1 person likes this

Advertisement