Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Higgins909

How hard is it really to get a server going?

4 posts in this topic

I've made many game servers, but arma 3 is a harder server to get going.  I've managed to get a wasteland server going at one time, but stuff wouldn't save and at startup it would ask what mission to play.  Also didn't understand why I set the server name in the config but when launching with the config, that didn't work.

I want to get a exile server up and going with mas weapons and vehicles, some disabled thermals, maybe all.  I only really want this for me and my friend, but I'm sure he's going to want a few more people on it, so I may limit it to 12 slots... its mainly because of my upload speed.

My specs:

amd 640 propus

2x2GB ram

I recently ran a zeus server and was using under 1gb ram and ~30% of 1 core (4 total)

and only managed to use about 30Kb with some 200 AI killing each other.  Wasteland wasn't much different.

So I ask this.  Does exile really need 8GB to run?  Will adding mas weapons and vehicles be hard?  Maybe even change the map?

Thanks,

Higgins909

1. Unsure

2. Yes, it will take hours of work. It's not physically hard, but it requires a keen mind and the ability to troubleshoot endlessly if you go with anything other than the vanilla install.

3. Yes, it will take hours of work unless someone gives you their work to use.

Advertisement

personally, i could create a custom server on a new map (any map) and have the server setup through RDP in 3 hours

Yeah, and you know exactly what you're doing. I have done that also and helped several others here get the servers going, but he's new. :)

Advertisement