Chain

Stuck in Spawned Vehicles (BUG HELP)

Question

Hey all, I am currently testing my server. For some reason when I jump in a randomly spawned vehicle. My client loses all control (functionality) I cannot move or use any controls.

Currently I am using, ryanszombies and dms on top of exile.

Does anyone know a fix for this?

Edited by Chain

23 answers to this question

If you/your players are stuck in a vehicle or standing on the drivers seat give it a few seconds and try to switch the seats. This works for most of our players so far.

Advertisement

the 'stuck' issue is 100% related to dms - and it starts anywhere from 1 hr to 2 hrs and is related to their 'clean up' script.  we had same issues.  removed script, problem be gone!

this was documented on the old forums many times

:)

Apparently spamming the inventory button works too to get our, not too sure tho.

Sp3 by Rod fixed that issue just use that until there is an offical fix

Edited by FuckerMaker

Apparently spamming the inventory button works too to get our, not too sure tho.

Sp3 by Rod fixed that issue just use that until there is an offical fix

We are still strugglin with this, could you repost the fix or how to deal with it? Thank you!

The issue is related to the poor server FPS issue related to a major arma bug that will be addressed in 1.52

There are no official or unofficial fixes that address this, it is a BI problem.

Edited by Rod Serling

1.52 has been released. The bug is still exists. DMS was removed and the bug still exists.

Anyone have any other solutions?

this did not exist in arma v1.50 nor does it exist in arma v1.52  i have played arma ever since it came out with OFP.  this has NEVER been an issue with default arma.  as a mission creator and a 'minor' mod creator, i have never seen this except in one place/time:

the ONLY time is have EVER seen/heard of this is ONLY with dms and exile.

i was (as admin) on 3 different servers (now 2), run by different outfits, *all* of them had it and *all* had this same ssue.  once dms was removed, so was *all* of their issues!

servers:

1 us based

1 canada based

1 france based

i am in the us

fps and network connections have NOTHING to do with you sitting for HOURS in a car.  if you can look around, blow the horn, start/stop the engine, change seats, but cannot drive/exit the car, you have the 'dms' issue.

do this:

run the server with NO mods - JUST arma and exile - i bet you anything, the issue goes away.

note:  do perform a re-download and a re-install exile FIRST, before testing - you can rename the org exile folder to something else instead of deleting if you so desire

Edited by Z80CPU

the 'stuck' issue is 100% related to dms - and it starts anywhere from 1 hr to 2 hrs and is related to their 'clean up' script.  we had same issues.  removed script, problem be gone!

this was documented on the old forums many times

I do not have DMS on my server and I have this issue constantly. That statement is 100% false.

biagaming, here is the point:

with default exile, this does not happen PERIOD.  if this was true, common sense with dictate, that there would be hundreds of complaints, there are not.

not one single reference by the devs that they will 'correct' this 'exile bug'...none...

the only REPORTED (and it has been reported many times) time this does happen, is with dms and dms ONLY.

since you are not the original author, i cannot comment on your issue.  i am/was admin on 3 server, this issue does not exist ONLY because we removed the KNOWN problem causing dms script.  once removed, problem gone.  this is also a fact and documented on here MANY TIMES.

the server i am admin on currently = NO ISSUES.

the fact is though:  default exile = no getting stuck forever (ie player unable to leave/drive vehicle)

these 2 items are facts, accept them or not.

now, you MAY have some other mod causing issues - i saw your other post...people stuck, cannot log out, etc.  again, these are NOT default  exile issues.  you either have corrupted/messed up your exile files/settings OR you have other mods in the mix - there is no other option.

Edited by Z80CPU

Advertisement