Higgins909

Any help at all? How do I config all of this? Point me in the right direction?

12 posts in this topic

I've got a completely fresh server up and working and spent a few hours horsing around on it.

When I join my server, there is a exile lime msg in the lobby how do I get rid of?

My server also isn't on the a3 launcher list?  But shows in lan and internet in arma 3.

I've only got @Exile and @ExileServer so far, wanting MAS weapons and vehicles.

How do I get ai missions and add towing to my server?

I do like the view distance right now, but would be nice if I knew how to maybe increase it?

I disagree with the item capacity of the big trucks, how do I change this?  I noticed mas vehicles on a server has 10k storage.

I know how to add money though mysql workbench, but it seems the way I do it, requires a relog.  How to do so without relog?

How do I set starting money, I have yet to see this in any of the config.cpp files.

Maybe even mass money give outs, as I've seen from admin.

I would prefer the info bar that showed players hp fps n all that over the small one, how to get?

I want to add vehicles to the store and random spawn list, but I don't know the class names, how to find them out?

hunter hmg n stuff... how would I refill ammo?

The axe is in the store config, but isn't in the hardware store with the rest of the tools.

I'm thinking the class name got changed but forgot to change the store config class name for it, as the axe looks different now.

I also want to add some stuff to the store like wood and planks, to buy.

How do you set how much stuff sells for, or is it always around half of buy price?

What is quality on the store config, right before setting the price?

Random vehicle spawn seems to mostly spawn quadbikes...

There was one more thing but I've forgotten...

Thanks,

Higgins909

Edited by Higgins909

I will answer a few questions for you

When I join my server, there is a exile lime msg in the lobby how do I get rid of?

You don't.

My server also isn't on the a3 launcher list?  But shows in lan and internet in arma 3.

Are your sure you have set correct IP and NAT/PAT if its on your machine, if its with a GSP then they turn up after a while on the launcher

I disagree with the item capacity of the big trucks, how do I change this?  I noticed mas vehicles on a server has 10k storage.

You can't as the stats are in the mods themselves 

All the rest is on these forums if you search

Advertisement

We didn't donate but server was listed after a few hours. Trouble is if you go offline for a couple of hours to upgrade/update then you fall back off again and have to wait for a while.

If they only listed servers who donated then very few servers would be listed

On 14.12.2015 at 8:22 PM, Whiplash said:

With regard to the A3 Launcher best I was able to tell your server will not be on there if you do not donate to the launcher. I have tried myself and only got as far as a page that wants money to list it.  That could be the same issue you are having.

That's not right. Servers ARE on the launcher if you configure it right. Donation is for being in the sponsored list.

To the topic opener: Please read some stuff yourself. In the boards many of your question are answered. You can't expect people to work trough your todo list and solve your questions. You should be more active yourself and then ask when you don't find a solution.

Good luck

You should really be trying to do these things yourself,  and if they dont work, come in here for help

Yeah, I'm slowly working thought it.  It's pretty much setup, just gotta set prices n buyable stuff n loot spawn.

Then get a tow and admin script/addon... whatever they're called.

When I was asking that kind of stuff, I was hoping someone would be like, use R3F, its free and works well.

Axe is missing from shops?  Its the mission config.cpp

n make a bunch of other little hints for me...

we use R3F, took a while to modify for all the extra addon mods we use but it works well.

AI we use DMS for missions, A3XAI for roaming/town/patrols and VEMF for town invasions, all of them take a little tinkering but the forum posts on them are pretty good now as most questions are answered

I was able to tell your server will not be on there if you do not donate to the launcher

Reads for me as "if you don't donate, it wont be there". However. It will show up but it last some time till it is indexed

I've seen my server on the a3l list before, but if you take your server down for a bit, it won't come back for a while.

Anyone want to suggest me a good n free admin and towing script/addon?

I don't know what I need for the admin part, but for the towing, all I want towable is the trucks towing eachother.

No more then 1 truck at a time... don't want wasteland towing trains xD

I don't want helis lifting stuff they shouldn't be able to lift, either because its too heavy or heli has no sling.

What did you have to mod, mods for with R3F?  @red_ned

On 13/12/2015 at 1:19 AM, Higgins909 said:

I've got a completely fresh server up and working and spent a few hours horsing around on it.

I've only got @Exile and @ExileServer so far, wanting MAS weapons and vehicles.

How do I get ai missions and add towing to my server?

I do like the view distance right now, but would be nice if I knew how to maybe increase it?

I know how to add money though mysql workbench, but it seems the way I do it, requires a relog.  How to do so without relog?

How do I set starting money, I have yet to see this in any of the config.cpp files.

Maybe even mass money give outs, as I've seen from admin.

I would prefer the info bar that showed players hp fps n all that over the small one, how to get?

I want to add vehicles to the store and random spawn list, but I don't know the class names, how to find them out?

hunter hmg n stuff... how would I refill ammo?

The axe is in the store config, but isn't in the hardware store with the rest of the tools.

I'm thinking the class name got changed but forgot to change the store config class name for it, as the axe looks different now.

I also want to add some stuff to the store like wood and planks, to buy.

How do you set how much stuff sells for, or is it always around half of buy price?

What is quality on the store config, right before setting the price?

Random vehicle spawn seems to mostly spawn quadbikes...

There was one more thing but I've forgotten...

Thanks,

Higgins909

90% of your questions you could answer yourself by not being lazy and actually looking through the configs.

Advertisement