Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bustednuts

CUP Primary Disappearing Lime update

7 posts in this topic

So I added Cup as the main weapon mod for my server after the update lime. And at server restart if you have CUP primary weapon with will disappear. There is nothing in the rpt to explain it. and I am not sure why it is doing it.  Is there a fix for this? 

I have just added @NATO_Rus_Weapons to my server and am having the same issue.

Im new to this and am trying real hard to find all the info myself (which I've managed) and not ask lazy noob questions on here. But the mod weapons are disappearing from players inventory when they relog. I can see it is not being written to the DB - there is nothing in the primary_weapon field. Ammo is vanishing too. 

I imagine the problem is with me having not added the mod weapons somewhere that makes them save to the DB but I'm not sure where to look.

If anyone could steer me in the right direction I would be greatfull, cheers

Advertisement

update: Checking though threads I realised I missed adding to the missions.sqm inside the Exile.altis.pbo. I tried using the info @Vonsweetz provided in another thread but adding these lines: 

"mas_weapons",
 "mas_weapons_m4",
 "mas_weapons_ak",
 "mas_weapons_nw",

to AddOns just causes the server to hang in creating and not start.

Im still at a bit of a loose end

To clarify, the addons that are listed in the mission file are only there to check if the client has those addons, nothing to do with what is or isn't loaded by the server.

You could try to edit your mission file in the arma editor, with cups weapons loaded, place down a few of the weapons in question, set probability of presence to 0% (so they don't actually show up in game) and then see if that changes anything.

1 hour ago, wasti said:

To clarify, the addons that are listed in the mission file are only there to check if the client has those addons, nothing to do with what is or isn't loaded by the server.

You could try to edit your mission file in the arma editor, with cups weapons loaded, place down a few of the weapons in question, set probability of presence to 0% (so they don't actually show up in game) and then see if that changes anything.

Thank you for the reply. Could you tell me what im actually looking for by loading the mission in the editor? Im not sure what I am looking to achieve by doing this, but will follow your advice now and try it.

Just to ensure where Im at with this: I have the Massi's NATO & Rus Weapons mod, I have got it installed and working and usable/spawning ingame. Its added to both Mod and servermod in the commandline.

The weapons/ammo despawns from players on disconnection and from vehicles/containers on server restart 

OK so it simply came down to using the copy of the mod from steam rather than taking it from Armaholics for the server.

I feel a bit silly but very glad its sorted. WHEN PEOPLE ON HERE SAY THING LISTEN. 

Cool, good to hear you got it sorted, thanks for sharing the solution. :)

1 person likes this

Advertisement