Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
speedweasel

Enabling native Arma3 revive

4 posts in this topic

I'm trying to enable the native Arma3 revive mechanic and I notice there is a custom respawn Template set in description.ext called "Exile."  I don't want to replace this template and break the Exile respawn system, so I figure I'll have to edit it to hack in the A3 respawn mechanic.

Does anyone know where this template is defined?  I've tried Agent Ransacking folders with no luck.

1 person likes this

the difficulty templates are quite easy to find, not sure about reviving. if you find anything that works let us know =D

anyways, the CfgDifficulties are stored @Exile\addons\exile_client\config.bin. Use Eliteness or Arma 3 Tools to make the .bin readable.

Advertisement
57 minutes ago, Dizzturbed said:

the difficulty templates are quite easy to find, not sure about reviving. if you find anything that works let us know =D

anyways, the CfgDifficulties are stored @Exile\addons\exile_client\config.bin. Use Eliteness or Arma 3 Tools to make the .bin readable.

Can I unpack @Exile\addons\exile_client\config.bin, edit it and repack it on my server and still have clients connect to my server with the unmodified @Exile client?  There's no problems running (slightly) different code serverside vs clientside?

no, you need to override this file serverside. you can find some overrides here on the forum. just make sure they are post 1.54

Edited by Dizzturbed

Advertisement