Eggbox

[SOLVED] infistar scroll menu checks

13 posts in this topic

hi,

is there a way to whitelist or add an exception for custom scroll menus such as the tow/load option for R3F logistics?

I know it is possible to disable the check to allow this but I would much rather whitelist it and still have checks in place for other disallowed menu options

thanks for any help in advance

49 minutes ago, Eggbox said:

hi,

is there a way to whitelist or add an exception for custom scroll menus such as the tow/load option for R3F logistics?

I know it is possible to disable the check to allow this but I would much rather whitelist it and still have checks in place for other disallowed menu options

thanks for any help in advance

Had the same problem, never did find it. Ended up disabling, unfortunately.

1 person likes this

Advertisement
2 minutes ago, Taylor Swift said:

Had the same problem, never did find it. Ended up disabling, unfortunately.

I also have it disabled at the moment, but it makes me feel a little uneasy about what else it could be letting through without the checks in place.

it would be great if it were possible to get something implemented

3 minutes ago, Eggbox said:

I also have it disabled at the moment, but it makes me feel a little uneasy about what else it could be letting through without the checks in place.

it would be great if it were possible to get something implemented

Scroll menu hacks are very popular so disabling that essentially allows them... I think.

I will have another look into this later on today and pass on anything I find.

1 person likes this

5 minutes ago, Taylor Swift said:

Scroll menu hacks are very popular so disabling that essentially allows them... I think.

I will have another look into this later on today and pass on anything I find.

thanks

1 person likes this

How arma handles actions (that are the scroll options) is just bad because it gives you only a id back.

So incause you add your towing script and get an action added to your player that says

"tow blabla"

it might have ID 2
if somebody now does

player removeAction 2;
player addaction HACKACTION

It might be 2 again :P

so no real way to use them without opening up the server for bad things. I would recommend to not use actons at all. Then I can track with my AC if custom actions have been added and BAN for it. That would be 1000% better than everything is right now.  

1 person likes this

7 minutes ago, infiSTAR said:

How arma handles actions (that are the scroll options) is just bad because it gives you only a id back.

So incause you add your towing script and get an action added to your player that says

"tow blabla"

it might have ID 2
if somebody now does

player removeAction 2;
player addaction HACKACTION

It might be 2 again :P

so no real way to use them without opening up the server for bad things. I would recommend to not use actons at all. Then I can track with my AC if custom actions have been added and BAN for it. That would be 1000% better than everything is right now.  

I see, good explanation for why it isn't possible, I guess ill have to decide if having towing over possible hacks is more important :)

thanks again for the info

I'm using Tao foldmap and Task force radio that don't use a scroll action but use a key combination instead. How would I whitelist these as they do get blocked by infiSTAR ?

So you just have custom keybinds? They should not be reverted/blocked but maybe the displays? Do you happen to have any log files like servers rpt file?

For addaction, if you want to use actions you have to modify your scripts.txt anyways

7 addAction ---this huge white list---

which should also give you a bit protection :)

1 person likes this

Sorry Chris, you are correct. The displays are being blocked not the custom keybinds. When a player uses these keys in Task force radio for example a picture of a radio is suppose to open onscreen but its getting closed almost immediately. I don't have any RPT files going back to around the 12/12/15 to check sorry. :(

Advertisement