Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Higgins909

How do I add more mods to a "linux" server?

4 posts in this topic

I've gotten my server pretty much up and running, with some price sets and some stuff added into shops and others removed from loot spawns.

Just need to get a tow script going, think I'm going for R3F.  How do I add mas weapons and vehicles to a linux server?

To be more precise, startup parameters.  When you type ; in linux it is treated as a second command example sudo apt-get update; df -h

sudo apt-get update will update some stuff, then df -h will show you diskspace stats with -h for human readable... runs one command after the other.

I assume the rest is fairly easy?  You add the 2 mods to the -mod= line and then config at least one thing to be at shop, to know it works?

In Linux multiple folders arguments need the following separation syntax: -mod=mod1\;mod2\;mod3

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Startup_Parameters

Also, linux doesn't like capital letters, sometimes... be prepared to run a sh script that recursively renames everything to lowercase, however be careful with it and only use it on and in @mod folders. Even then, it depends on the mod so be ready for playing the trial and error game of getting all the mods to load. Obviously start without changing anything, and if a mod isnt loading correctly, look at the logs, they will reveal what files are missing, 90% chance that they just need to be rename to lowercase. (this does not include anything after an extension including the bisigns; CHANGE ONLY THE FILE NAME. completely for example MAS_Weapons.MAS.bisign would become mas_weapons.MAS.bisign, if you change the case of the author's bisign, the signature will no longer work correctly.)

Advertisement
sudo ./arma3server -mod=@Exile\;@mas\;@NATO_Rus_Vehicle -servermod=@ExileServer -config=@ExileServer/config.cfg -port=2302 -profiles=SC -cfg=@ExileServer/basic.cfg -name=SC -autoinit

I added such to the -mod= parameter.  But now the server says under the mods in the browser that I was missing mas pretty much, so I relaunched arma with mas and they became green, but when I hit the ok button in lobby, I get kicked.  Whats going on?  I was also able to join without the mods, even tho the server supposedly has mas running.  For whatever reason I don't really have a log file to read.  There is the default in the        config.cfg of exileserver log, but it don't seem to exist.

What do you think is going on?  As far as I could tell, the command line looked normal as if MAS never loaded.

But the command line can scroll so fast...

Advertisement