Higgins909

How to set starting money?

11 posts in this topic

This is one of the things I have yet to figure out.

How do I set the starting money for first time joining players?

Thanks,

Higgins909

This is done in your database.

Set the default value of the money column in account to whatever you want.

Advertisement
7 hours ago, John said:

This is done in your database.

Set the default value of the money column in account to whatever you want.

I have 0 idea how to do this.  I use MySQL Workbench, do you think you can guide me though?

I'm using the default schema.  I can find the money under exile>Tables>account>Columns>money but I have no idea what to do with it.

You have to set standard value of money to the amount you want it. But be aware that this migth/will not work on first connect i guess. Think the player has to log out and log in and from then it will recognize the new value

how the money works on your  MySQL  if you say enter the amount of 10000 it only works with new spawns now player that already are playing

so to edit it goto ur phpMyAdmin in your MySQL

step 1.look for account and use the dropdown tab as below 

step 2. click on money in there you will see default which it would say as defined but below that is where you change the amount then save it

Expand/Collapse

Edited by hogansheroes
2 people like this

2 hours ago, hogansheroes said:

how the money works on your  MySQL  if you say enter the amount of 10000 it only works with new spawns now player that already are playing

so to edit it goto ur phpMyAdmin in your MySQL

step 1.look for account and use the dropdown tab as below 

step 2. click on money in there you will see default which it would say as defined but below that is where you change the amount then save it

Expand/Collapse

I just don't know how this translates to MySQl Workbench :/ clicking money to death, not finding anything really close to above...

Getting phpMyAdmin to work on my server would be a hassle.

what are your intensions for adding the money also do you give money to all players or when they are a new spawn.

Also your server is a hosted server or is it just a made up one from you pc. if its a hosted server they would of givin you the  MySQl and in it is  phpMyAdmin that is where you change the money stuff.

Edited by hogansheroes

2 hours ago, hogansheroes said:

what are your intensions for adding the money also do you give money to all players or when they are a new spawn.

Also your server is a hosted server or is it just a made up one from you pc. if its a hosted server they would of givin you the  MySQl and in it is  phpMyAdmin that is where you change the money stuff.

It's my own server.  I have the mysql but I don't have phpMyAdmin which also requires apache 2 or something.

Which both might put me over my limited ram.

Edit: I want every single new player to have starting funds.

Edited by Higgins909

didnt the mysql have a setup for the myphpadmin in the settings somewhere if you get that we are sweet to get the money kicking

6 hours ago, hogansheroes said:

No, I only installed mysql at the time.  I've now installed phpMyAdmin which installed apache2 for me and I was able to set the value.

I tried to look on MySql Workbench and haven't seen anything changed in the money area.

Thanks, HogansHeroes.

Advertisement