Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ynpMOOSE

RIP 3rd party A3 launchers

14 posts in this topic

Sounds pretty good and reminds me on UT99 times, where you Download the Mods directly from the Server. This is awesome!

1 person likes this

Advertisement
16 minutes ago, Whiplash said:

I dont think BI will want any donations for this

Do you have any idea how much bandwidth is used by those 3rd party launchers and how much it costs to actually let you download the mods?

Didn't think so.

BIS is using Steam workshop to deliver the mods, so anything not on steam workshop, like EXILE, won't be able to be downloaded anyway.

1 person likes this

32 minutes ago, MrWhite said:

Sounds pretty good and reminds me on UT99 times, where you Download the Mods directly from the Server. This is awesome!

Unfortunately the launcher will only download mods from the steam workshop..at least that's the current info. So it's no real advantage for Exile as you wont be able to download the mod with that launcher

1 person likes this

4 minutes ago, Foxx said:

Unfortunately the launcher will only download mods from the steam workshop..at least that's the current info. So it's no real advantage for Exile as you wont be able to download the mod with that launcher

Hope they let the mods be downloadable from the server itselfs. It worked in 1998 very well ;) also if the mod is actually exitend, it has not downloaded it again. :) 1998 was a good year :D

2 people like this

12 minutes ago, Whiplash said:

Is there a reason no one has added Exile to the Steam Workshop? Epoch is over there and this is a much better Dev team from what I am seeing. Just seems if this launcher is to come out from BI and work with the Workshop Exile should jump in there.

It's to do with the license agreement that Valve make anyone sign if they want their mods hosted on Steam.
Valve effectively end up owning anything you upload.

Edited by second_coming

I'm thinking maybe the server could have a config with URLs to download mods? 

Downloading mods directly from the server would kill me on bandwidth I imagine... 

1 hour ago, Whiplash said:

Wow, Why so hostile? If you choose (that being the key word) to share a launcher then you do it on a volunteer basis. If people choose to donate that is on them. I am not attacking anyone. But I dont think BI will want donations. Also I am sure at that point Exile will be put on Steam as will any other mods not already there. So if you are the one providing the launcher thank you for you time. However, soon we wont need it as BI is finally stepping up. I am not my husband I am not going to have  turf war here. I will speak my mind as is my right within the rules of the forum. If I step on your toes in doing so.....what can I say.

Judging by BI's track record this launcher is gonna suck and have a ton of bugs. I rather use a trusted and working source like Maca especially since he updates it constantly.

58 minutes ago, Flosstradamus said:

Judging by BI's track record this launcher is gonna suck and have a ton of bugs. I rather use a trusted and working source like Maca especially since he updates it constantly.

oh well, at least they bring back the Favorites tab...

Edited by Patrix87
1 person likes this

1 hour ago, MrWhite said:

Hope they let the mods be downloadable from the server itselfs. It worked in 1998 very well ;) also if the mod is actually exitend, it has not downloaded it again. :) 1998 was a good year :D

All  of my players downloading AiA terrain pack at once from my server..

brb, slitting my wrists.

I hope that steam workshop allows uploads of over 4gb so that terrain packs are still allowed. You still don't see any terrain packs for CUP, AiA, etc up there.

Advertisement