Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Th3 R34p3r 187

The Exile story, but the Feeling/envoirment ??

6 posts in this topic

Having played this mod now for months and being stoked about the future of it. I wonder when the mod will be shaped to it's storyline ???.
For the people who wonder what it is i'll copy/paste it in this thread so people know it aswel since it's realy kinda put down on the bottom of the site in a hidey way in small letters.

''It is the year 2039. After the resource depleting conflict in Greece, Europe suffers from a new deflation crisis, leading the crime rate to a new peak in history. Members of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization Security Council are forced to react. Being a desperate alternative to overcrowded and prohibitive prisons, offenders are now being sent to EXILE.''

So we are exiles....trying to survive in the EU. The 'North Atlantic Treaty Organization Security Council' most likely has put boots on the ground to deal with this situation. So military gear/stuff is already in the game. So 'a' part of the concept is already in the mod by standard.

But i wonder what we can expect in the future that will streamline the mod to the story ??.
You know ?, add vehicles, buildings, maybe weapons ?, more unique things to build for bases, more fortifications either military or DIY stuff etc...
The parachute, bright fu**in jumpsuit which snipers can spot from 1000m xD, the XM8 tablet, the ''MAfia'' at traders that kinda controll the supplies. 
Are one of the early examples that streamlines the mod to the story. 

But i hope to see more changes that will make the mod move away more from the standardized ARMA feel if it makes sense.

Anyhow, i hope we can get some cool ideas going in this thread for the devs.
I'm realy a fan of Exile and TBH, this mod is the only reason i play A3....Cuz Epoch= No fun.

The story is dead as all stuff that was added since release has nothing to do with the initial story. A prison island with all kinds of vehicles? With weapons to buy like in every f...ing supermarket and brand new helicopter to be ordered at the airfield trader? Sorry, but this isn't authentic. Exile has nothing to do with exile at all. It's just a modable framework you can do whatever you like to have. Exile provides a very good basebuilding  module but no own content for an exile-like storyline. Imho Trader only should be available for stuff that was looted and sold to them and some basic parts like food and water. Advanced weapons, gear and vehicles only should be available if you fight for them. Raid a mission patrol and earn you some better weapons by looting and get a vehicle if you are lucky enough not to blow it up during a fight. Ammo and armor may should only be available by crafting. There is so much potential in Exile but i'am afraid chances are gone that it will go this way.

As i already said in another post... at least i love Exile's basebuilding. For missions and/or tactical fun only i prefer other mod.

regards

Cal

1 person likes this

Advertisement

Cal, you have to take in consideration that the mod is still in developement. Neither is there realy a backstory to the mainstory. 
So why can't the ''MAfia'' who havecontroll of the traders provide you with military gear ?. Maybe they seized it from military soldiers that the '' North Atlantic Treaty Organization Security Council '' put down. 

From what i can tell is that you want the epoch trading system. Wel i'm not a fan of it....you'll find more trash then actually helpful items. It might scare of allot of people. I'm happy Exile doesn't have the energybar and shitty traders like Epoch. 

Also take it in perspective. EU is in crisis, this means a 'continent'...not per say an prison island.  So all is possible. 

First at all we need content. Our mod is now 6 month old. After content comes the cosmetic part. We want to remove the Future stuff (Cars, weapons) and add older ones. Also we will add a map to our Mod soon. We got a lot of stuff todo still. :)

1 person likes this

21 minutes ago, MrWhite said:

First at all we need content. Our mod is now 6 month old. After content comes the cosmetic part. We want to remove the Future stuff (Cars, weapons) and add older ones. Also we will add a map to our Mod soon. We got a lot of stuff todo still. :)

I understand, i whas worried that you guys wouldn't move away from the standard ARMA stuff. What do you mean with  ''remove the Future stuff'' ? and add older stuff ?. Cuz i think the arma 3 vehicles and weapons would be up to date to the year 2039. As Ifrits are actually Russian vehicles called Zil humvee whom should have been put in mas production in 2015 (could be wronge).
Same for The hunter it's an Max pro M-atv that's actually used in the mid east among the bigger maxx pro trucks.

Anyhow i hope to see some ideas from people....

Advertisement