BetterDeadThanZed

Paying for Protection with Rep

Question

I just noticed that paying with rep for protection doesn't seem to work correctly. I just paid and it added 2 days to the date until I had to pay again. Then I paid again with rep and it added 1 minute. Sometimes paying with rep, while it takes the rep away, it doesn't change the date/time until you have to pay again. In the screenshots below, you see my rep before paying (13133), you see me paying with rep, then my rep after paying (12613), then you see that nothing has changed with the next due date.

2015-12-19_00003.thumb.jpg.b9f43e3dd697f2015-12-19_00004.thumb.jpg.8f28ec0dcb8fe2015-12-19_00005.thumb.jpg.8453060755c4f2015-12-19_00006.thumb.jpg.d65a5ed7873f62015-12-19_00007.thumb.jpg.4995d7677efe9

*edit* It seems even paying with poptabs had little effect. It changed the due date/time by about 30 minutes.

2015-12-19_00008.thumb.jpg.e514a036921d7

Edited by BetterDeadThanZed

11 answers to this question

Is this still a confirmed bug? Config is set for 21 days but when someone pays, it only increases the date on the XM8 by a week.

Advertisement

It seems that for some reason when I previously uploaded the changes, something didn't upload correctly. I just confirmed the changes are in, uploaded the file again and this time the items are persisting past the 7 days.

HOWEVER, it does appear that the 7 days is hardcoded and as I speculated and the "territoryLifeTime" setting simply gives you extra time to pay for your territory before it deletes it. Therefore, the XM8 will always show 7 more days when you pay for a territory and not the amount of time set by "territoryLifeTime". In my opinion, this should be changed because it's confusing. There should just be a server setting that lets me a specific number of days that extends a territory's protection and at the end of that time, unpaid territories will be deleted.

I just checked the database and it shows the "last paid at" to be correct. Maybe it's just an error in how the XM8 displays the next due date.

It's not updated the date for a few builds now, it requires a log to lobby to refresh the correct dates.

This still isn't fixed with 0.9.41. I just paid for my territory and it added 4 days to the next due date. I logged off and back in and it still didn't show the right date. The "last_paid_at" date is correct, though.

7 minutes ago, prue420 said:

Check after a restart.

I did.

I wonder if the 7 days is hard coded and the setting in the server config only sets how many days AFTER this 7 days it takes before items are removed, so setting that value to 21 would cause the base to be removed 28 days after payment.

I just did another test. I have this:

territoryLifeTime = 21;

I just built something on my test server, then changed the last_paid_at date to 8 days ago. When I joined the server, what I had built was gone. So, apparently territoryLifeTime doesn't work?

Advertisement