Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jaspoe30

AI removal from safe zones

10 posts in this topic

We are having problems with AI picking up god mode while they travel through the safe zones and becoming unkillable when they travel outside the safe zone. I don't have the slightest idea how to script something like this but would it be possible to make them disappear when they enter a safe zone? Delete them and the vehicle they are in if they have one? I have tried to figure out how to do it myself but trying to script something like this and make it work has me going cross eyed. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Posted (edited)

On 12/20/2015 at 5:33 PM, jaspoe30 said:

We are having problems with AI picking up god mode while they travel through the safe zones and becoming unkillable when they travel outside the safe zone. I don't have the slightest idea how to script something like this but would it be possible to make them disappear when they enter a safe zone? Delete them and the vehicle they are in if they have one? I have tried to figure out how to do it myself but trying to script something like this and make it work has me going cross eyed. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

I'm not sure why this was posted in gray text.. probably why it was never answered. I know this is post necro, but I'm having this same problem and cannot for the life of me find the script that does this. I know I saw one released a long time ago. Does anyone know where I can find this script?

Edited by papahyooie

Advertisement
3 hours ago, kuplion said:

Using A3XAI or another AI system?

A3XAI. Running others as well, but that's the one I'm really worried about. And I already know about blacklisting waypoints. It doesn't stop them from driving through the safe zones on their way to other towns. 

20 minutes ago, papahyooie said:

A3XAI. Running others as well, but that's the one I'm really worried about. And I already know about blacklisting waypoints. It doesn't stop them from driving through the safe zones on their way to other towns. 

Are you on the latest (final) version? 0.2.1? I'm sure that version helped to an extent. I did encounter much the same issue at points and I fixed it somehow. I'm not using A3XAI any longer but I'll rummage through all my files and see if I can spot what I did.

1 person likes this

21 minutes ago, kuplion said:

Are you on the latest (final) version? 0.2.1? I'm sure that version helped to an extent. I did encounter much the same issue at points and I fixed it somehow. I'm not using A3XAI any longer but I'll rummage through all my files and see if I can spot what I did.

I appreciate that. Yea, I'm on the latest version. 

On 4/6/2016 at 4:50 AM, papahyooie said:

I appreciate that. Yea, I'm on the latest version. 

I've been looking through my files and I can't find any fixes. I've got a sneaky feeling I may have ended up replacing A3XAI with FuMS instead (as it can still use a Headless Client) and can do somewhat similar roaming AI and Missions through the same system. I know that doesn't help you, but I just wanted to give you an update because I'm struggling to remember how/if I actually fixed the issue or if I just replaced them. lol

1 hour ago, kuplion said:

I've been looking through my files and I can't find any fixes. I've got a sneaky feeling I may have ended up replacing A3XAI with FuMS instead (as it can still use a Headless Client) and can do somewhat similar roaming AI and Missions through the same system. I know that doesn't help you, but I just wanted to give you an update because I'm struggling to remember how/if I actually fixed the issue or if I just replaced them. lol

Thank you for looking! That does suck, as I run FuMS as well, but the "roaming" AI system is not as good. I'd rather have actual patrols than a playerwatch system. But then again, I guess that WOULD fix the problem... 

All I need is a way to simply delete them when they enter a safe zone. I know there was such a script, but I can't find it :(

But thanks for looking. I appreciate it!

Posted (edited)

9 hours ago, papahyooie said:

Thank you for looking! That does suck, as I run FuMS as well, but the "roaming" AI system is not as good. I'd rather have actual patrols than a playerwatch system. But then again, I guess that WOULD fix the problem... 

All I need is a way to simply delete them when they enter a safe zone. I know there was such a script, but I can't find it :(

But thanks for looking. I appreciate it!

I've been having a bit of a google and finally found these, I know they're not for Exile, but it might be what you were referring to.

http://opendayz.net/threads/release-ai-delete-in-safe-zones.20109/

http://epochmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/12226-release-safezone-ai-shield/

http://epochmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/8732-help-to-remove-ai-from-safezones/

Edited by kuplion

Yea, I've looked at them all. Doesn't look like any of them will work with exile. 

Advertisement