iJeeves

[SOLVED] InfiSTAR issues.

8 posts in this topic

I've been trying now for the past 3-4 hours reinstalling and attempting to get infiSTAR installed on my server, I've followed the instructions over and over, but it just doesn't seem to be loading into the server in the slightest. Not getting any messages in the bottom left hand corner once entering the server.

Just stressing me out that it'll be something simple I'm missing.

Appreciate any help following this.

Many Thanks.

Hey

could you take a look at your servers rpt file if it even started/loaded please?

I've a small list of things that would help me/others to help you - things we need :):

- startup parameters for the server (-ServerMod and so on..)
- server rpt file (complete file, not just a part of it)
- client rpt file from you when you could not connect/had that error
- infiSTAR Log files
- mpmission file
- gameserver provider (if it is not your own dedi box - if it is your box, tell me)

Advertisement

Sorry to be a total pain, this is my first server and started to regret it already, could you aim me in the right direction for the things you require?

Thanks.

Gameserver is Gamingdeluxe.
Server Mod - enableHT -name=Exile "-profiles=instance" "-cfg=instance\basic.cfg" "-config=instance\server.cfg" "-bepath=d:\xxgames\LiamC\10995\battleye" -ip=81.19.216.110 -port=2300 "-mod=@Exile" "-servermod=@ExileServer;@extDB2;@infiSTAR_Exile;" -autoinit

(This is in my custom commandlines as i couldn't get the @infiSTAR_Exile to be here otherwise.)

Picture below of Mpmissions.

Not sure about the rest.

Thanks again.

Server stuff.png

Edited by iJeeves

So you could modify their default start line or could you choose between custom start params and default start params (but they don't show the default ones)?

Instead of changing the start params at all you could go into

"@infiSTAR_Exile\addons\HERE"

and pull the a3_infiSTAR_Exile.pbo file into your @ExileServer\addons\ on your gameserver (via ftp) so it is in the same folder as exile_server.pbo and exile_server_config.pbo.

Oh and make sure a3_infiSTAR_Exile.pbo is a pbo and not just a folder named a3_infiSTAR_Exile

if you don't want or can't pbo it, you would need the extra start parameter called:
-filePatching

then it should be working without pbo but I never actually tested that :)

I modified the commandline as it wouldn't give me the option to select different mods etc. There is default ones but they don't contain the infiSTAR part.

I'm going to start from the beginning again and put what you've said in place.

Thanks again for quick response will keep you posted. I've done it that many times it shouldn't take too long...

All i can say is thank you. You have no idea. Got the menu up now and infiSTAR is loading in.

Honestly, I can't thank you enough.

Advertisement