Sporkyzz

how do i autorestart?

5 posts in this topic

Hey, i dont really know if the exile auto restart works. I have played for a while and it havent restarted and im hosting server on hosthavoc.com help? :D

Advertisement

do you use BEC if not you should, atleast you wont have that problem in not knowing that the server will restart.

also in your control panel of your server host  do you see something like   scheduled tasks thats where also the server will restart for you .

On 12/22/2015 at 3:19 AM, hogansheroes said:

do you use BEC if not you should, atleast you wont have that problem in not knowing that the server will restart.

also in your control panel of your server host  do you see something like   scheduled tasks thats where also the server will restart for you .

Will BEC detect that the server has been shutdown, or do you have to tell BEC to shut it down then restart it?

Posted (edited)

23 minutes ago, Higgins909 said:

Will BEC detect that the server has been shutdown, or do you have to tell BEC to shut it down then restart it?

No BEC will not do that, however you need BEC to issue the #shutdown command, and then have a 3rd party program / script, batch whatever to restart your Exile server and restart BEC. ;)

Like so: 

Spoiler

:ExileHealth
SETLOCAL EnableExtensions
set EXE=exile.exe
FOR /F %%x IN ('tasklist /NH /FI "IMAGENAME eq %EXE%"') DO IF %%x == %EXE% goto FOUND
tasklist /nh /fi "imagename eq exile.exe" /fi "status eq not responding" DO IF goto ExileRestart

Now this will go to :ExileRestart if exile.exe isn't found in task manager / running processes. 

Myself created a rather complicated script that checks for all kinds of events with the process. 

screenshot.598.thumb.jpg.09e189798a2553d

This batch will automatically ensure that BEC is running, Exile server is running etc etc, even restart MySQL upon server restarts also, not sure why I do that, but just an added feature ;)

Edited by ka0s

Advertisement