Eggbox

new BE filter sets

5 posts in this topic

hi guys

I dread reading the words "use new battleye filters" either from an exile update or infistar...

I've tried merging my existing fully working set with a new set using diffmerge but it seems to screw it upand the battleye filters tool featured on this site only allows to add new filters to an existing set and not merge the two..

maybe I'm going about this in totally the wrong way but is there an easier way to merge your existing set to a whole new set?

how do you guys do yours?

thanks in advance for any help

I just do them all over again one by one. It takes some thime. But then i'm shure they work like it schould.

1 person likes this

Advertisement

I use notepad++ along with https://www.diffchecker.com/ but at some point soon I will probably have to restart from scratch to make sure they are clean as I did find multiple duplicates along with previous versions having more lines.

Would be nice to have a changelog for BE scripts.txt to see whats added and removed rather than just complete new files as it is one of the darkest arts and can take hours to sort once you finally get all your other files merged

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, red_ned said:

I use notepad++ along with https://www.diffchecker.com/ but at some point soon I will probably have to restart from scratch to make sure they are clean as I did find multiple duplicates along with previous versions having more lines.

Would be nice to have a changelog for BE scripts.txt to see whats added and removed rather than just complete new files as it is one of the darkest arts and can take hours to sort once you finally get all your other files merged

ill try diffchecker as diffmerge doesnt work well

i agree... a changelog would be really helpful 

thanks for the help :)

with script updates I always copy my scripts.txt into notepad++ as it shows you actual line numbers so just paste fix onto end of #line +2 then paste back into scripts.txt and save.

Also notepad++ can use the sqf language file so it nicely gives you hints as you code/debug

Advertisement