Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rob

Database - Dead player gear

5 posts in this topic

Hello,
in some situations it is helpful to give a player, wo hied by a bug or PVP on a PVE server his old gear back. In Epoch times I said "pls go to lobby" and copied the gear from his old character back in his actual character via SQL.
Unfortunately the player_history table does not have all these fields. Could we maybe add the fields? Should be OK for the database, or?

Also I've modified the epoch code, that when a vehicle gets destroyed only the damage field was set to 1 but nothing more. So it was also possible to restore complete vehicles by just 1-2 database clicks. However, they only appeared at the next restart.

For PVE server admins it would be nice to have a little more complete history in the database. I don't know if a vehicle history is possible, but it would be cool, if the player history could get the full player rows. :-)

BR
Rob

Edited by Rob
3 people like this

Agreed, player history should include gear as well, then we could at least copy it over.

Advertisement

Weird, I just had a dream about this last night.  I was convinced I didn't update correctly and didn't add the proper columns for gear.

More data in player history including gear would be extremely helpful. Restoring a player or even using it to check if a person had illegal gear when they died would be very useful. 

It would also be nice to have a spawn and death timestamp. 

Please add this to our database :) 

Well ive already started an expanded logging of history.

My post in scripts has an first go at player history, it needs a revision now that I know some new stuff here.

Add in the vehicle history for persistant vehicles, container history and now lock history.

My next venture is purchase clicks, which I'm off to a fine start ;)

all of this logging is just a little bit more being sent or written to the db. I do actually encourage Exile to add this in, if tweaks are necessary fine by me. I just think this whole idea is a necessity now rather than later

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0