Omen

Server restart - stays locked for up to 15 minutes?

Question

I have autolock enabled so when my server restarts it stays locked until the server is ready, however, that takes upwards of 15 minutes. So I have a couple of questions.

Is this normal that is takes so long to load and unlock?

Is there a negative side effect to not locking the server and allowing people to join?

7 answers to this question

33 minutes ago, Omen said:

I have autolock enabled so when my server restarts it stays locked until the server is ready, however, that takes upwards of 15 minutes. So I have a couple of questions.

Is this normal that is takes so long to load and unlock?

Is there a negative side effect to not locking the server and allowing people to join?

It's not normal and it probably means your server is taking an abnormal time to load scripts or add-ons. 

17 minutes ago, Taylor Swift said:

It's not normal and it probably means your server is taking an abnormal time to load scripts or add-ons. 

I just checked my rpt and omg, so many errors. 

http://www.zerosurvival.com/rpterror.txt

I have installed C++ Redistributable 2015 and 2010 x64 in the hopes to resolve some errors. 

Any ideas what the other errors are caused by and how to resolve? I will be doing some googling in the mean time.

Server: Win Server 2012

Edited by Omen

Advertisement
3 hours ago, Omen said:

I just checked my rpt and omg, so many errors. 

http://www.zerosurvival.com/rpterror.txt

I have installed C++ Redistributable 2015 and 2010 x64 in the hopes to resolve some errors. 

Any ideas what the other errors are caused by and how to resolve? I will be doing some googling in the mean time.

Server: Win Server 2012

Have you made any changes to the Exile PBO's or the mission file?

Also, the object not found errors are harmless. The coding errors you have above that are a problem though.

Any obvious problems when actually playing?

8 minutes ago, QGS said:

Have you made any changes to the Exile PBO's or the mission file?

Also, the object not found errors are harmless. The coding errors you have above that are a problem though.

Any obvious problems when actually playing?

A pure vanilla server restarts and unlocks in 1m 13s.....I'm kicking myself about this. To know that all this time, this long wait between restarts isnt normal...ugh.

I am reinstalling each mod one at a time.

I think I have an old outdated A3XAI. Do you, or anyone else, have the most up to date version?

I put Australia on my Exile Server and put in the traders and all. It take 17 to 18 minutes to unlock, any help here would nice. 

I have definitely noticed restart time getting affected by the number of natural spawning vehicles. I would verify how many vehicles your server is spawning before it unlocks. My server restarts in around three minutes with a lot of addons and spawns in about 300ish vehicles on altis. 

This is why my batch file starts BEC for me as well, scheduled tasks to unlock the server if it haven't done it itself after 2-3 minutes, after 3 minutes it'll send 3 unlock requests with a 30 second delay, just as a failover measure, to avoid waiting 10-15 minutes :)

Advertisement