Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
szfeps

Anyone is playing on amd cpu ?

10 posts in this topic

Hello,

i want to ask you about fps on amd cpu. I want to buy arma 3 to play exile mod, but im wondering about fps. I heard exile mod have very nice fps on servers.

My configuration - 

fx 6300/4.0, gtx 760, 8gb ram

Amd and Arma 3 are not the best friends :) but i think with that Cpu it will be playable (30-40 fps) :)

Advertisement
30 minutes ago, Natu said:

Amd and Arma 3 are not the best friends :) but i think with that Cpu it will be playable (30-40 fps) :)

Wrong. Arma favors AMD actually. At this point Arma is all based on clock speed and since you have 4ghz you should see probably about 60 fps fairly easy.

I don't really need any high settings except textures, low/medium is ok for me. So i must buy and try it:)

I play A3 on a AMD FX8350 4,0ghz 8core. woth 16gb of ram and MSI Geforce GTX970 4gb.. on ultra im around 40-60 fps online,  on a local game im almost solid  60fps..  but there are also cases when im going down all the way to 24fps in very crowded areas in HostileTakeover for example.  when there is like 100ppl on a server and alot of players inside a town. 

Also this has alot to do with the server fps aswell,  and its often lower than your own.  But to sum this up.  AMD FX series works like a charm!  and the biggest bottleneck is the  gfxcard,  i had 650 before this 970 and that made a huge difference. :) 

One thing which really impacts fps are the object drawdistance and shadows :) and ofcourse resolution scaling. 

29 minutes ago, szfeps said:

Can i change it in exile without any problems ?

yes,  drawdistance and shadows can be changed without restart,  dont know about scaling though,  but it think so aswell,  as you can change the resolution without problem :) 

Advertisement