Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Emton

Basic hosting questions

2 posts in this topic

Hey I have a couple questions about how I should host the server. Should I have heli, kart and mark mods checked on? If they're off will people with the DLC not be able to use them? Also sometimes I have someone join but they disconnect after a few seconds. I don't see any error in the console, were they trying to join with mods enabled or did they just decide to disconnect or might there be another reason I need to look into?

Edit: Also I noticed my server info shows @ExileServer where none of the other vanilla servers show this. Could this be a problem?

Edit 2: If I move @ExileServer from the -mod= and move it to -servermod= it doesn't show up in the info so this might be more correct?

Edited by Emton

Should I have heli, kart and mark mods checked on? If they're off will people with the DLC not be able to use them?

Yes, if you plan to have the vehicle and weapons at your traders. But, if they are, I believe pubbers can still connect. They will just get a purchase window when trying to use that DLC item.

Also sometimes I have someone join but they disconnect after a few seconds. I don't see any error in the console, were they trying to join with mods enabled or did they just decide to disconnect or might there be another reason I need to look into?

That is usually the case.

Edit: Also I noticed my server info shows @ExileServer where none of the other vanilla servers show this. Could this be a problem?

The only problem I've seen with that is it sometimes not showing with A3Launcher. But I'm probably wrong.

Edit 2: If I move @ExileServer from the -mod= and move it to -servermod= it doesn't show up in the info so this might be more correct?

It is. Usually client side mods are in the -mod parameter and ones ran server side are used with -serverMod.

Edited by wernerz
B, U
1 person likes this

Advertisement