Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chainsaw Squirrel

Safes and changing code issues

3 posts in this topic

I bought safe, changed the code.. after the next restart the changed code wouldn't work .. it stated code changed and it's a code I know well. and I use on other things .. so I know I didn't forget the code or mis key it ..anyone else having this issue ?

When you placed the safe, I assume you entered the 0000 default combo to access it, then you selected Set PIN from the menu. Did you enter the 0000 combo again at this point, and THEN enter the new combo you wanted?

The system is confusing. You basically need to enter the 0000 combo twice (once to initially unlock it, and then again before setting the new PIN). We've had issues where people mistakenly enter the 0000 combo only once. It still tells you the PIN has been set, but it hasn't as the old combo was entered incorrectly.

Try unlocking it with 0000. If it works, that means this (above) is what happened.

To set / change the PIN:

1. Enter the old combo (default is 0000)

2. Select Set PIN.

3. Enter the old combo (default is 0000)

4. Then enter the new desired combo.. 

Edited by :]v[: Assassin
1 person likes this

mmm.. again some stuff on exile is just overly complicated lol .. I entered 0000 to open, and the set pin, it said put in new pin .. and this from your post "   You basically need to enter the 0000 combo twice (once to initially unlock it, and then again before setting the new PIN). We've had issues where people mistakenly enter the 0000 combo only once. It still tells you the PIN has been set, but it hasn't as the old combo was entered incorrectly. " is exactly what happened..   This and the Door, have to upgrade the door way before you place it .. just seems redunculas .. and cornfuzin .. But now I'm good thank you Assassin

Advertisement