BetterDeadThanZed

Using CUP Terrains

21 posts in this topic

So I noticed that Armaholic no longer offers AiA TP on their website. They've removed the links. So, on my test server I wanted to try out Lingor with CUP Terrains. I replaced AiA TP with CUP Terrains (@CUP_Terrains Not @CUP_Terrains_Core). When I start the server, I'm getting this in my log:

19:58:44 Warning Message: You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.aia_misc3_config, aia_misc_e_config, aia_misc_config
19:58:44 Missing addons detected:
19:58:44   aia_misc3_config
19:58:44   aia_misc_e_config
19:58:44   aia_misc_config

In my mission.sqm, I have those entries in the "addons" section and I even tried putting them in the "addonsauto" section. This error is from my SERVER log. I do not even bother to try connecting with the client because this error is keeping the server from starting properly. I tried adding @CUP_Terrains_Core to the command line and it made no difference.

Any suggestions on what could be wrong?

Advertisement
25 minutes ago, Foxx said:

Reported that to the devs today already..

So CUP Terrains don't work with Lingor?

What is @CUP_Terrains? I thought it was either CORE or MAPS

Edit nvm

Edited by John

Yep I see that. Have you tried running just @CUP_Terrains_Core  alongside Lingor? From what I can gather, that would be the "correct" way to do this.

7 minutes ago, John said:

Yep I see that. Have you tried running just @CUP_Terrains_Core  alongside Lingor? From what I can gather, that would be the "correct" way to do this.

Didn't work. Same problem and a pop up said that Lingor required Chenarus.

http://www.icebreakr.info/lingor/download/?answer=1337

Have you updated your Lingor? It looks as though the official download page for Lingor is stating that Cups should be used...

Yep working fine for me with just cups core and lingor3 freshly downloaded from the above link.

Edited by wasti

So remove those (the aia related) addons from your "addons" section in the config. They are no longer needed.

And yes, cups is meant to replace aia/a3mp/ect, not just for lingor.

Also the addon's section that you are speaking of isn't in charge of loading addons, or anything, they are just a description of what the server requires of clients. All in arma is no longer used, those entries no longer need to bbe there, if you want to make everything peachy, then add cup_terrains_core and lingor3 so it looks like

addOns[] = {"exile_client","cup_terrains_core","lingor3"};

Edited by wasti

Advertisement