Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
John

Anyone interested in checking out a project?

11 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

Before I start, mods, if this is in the wrong spot. I apologize in advance I really was not sure where to put it, not really a 'server showcase' or staff recruitment, so I was not sure, please move it where to needs to be if General discussion is no good.

Ok,

I am working on a bit of a EXILE project that will be very very different to anything currently out there. It is going to be a smaller scale map, with a smaller player count focusing on a PVEvP type scenario. The map and game will be heavily customized and the smaller player count / map will open the doors for some very interesting survival focused ideas I have in mind. I won't go into too much detail here as im not trying to advertise the server to much but basically, it is going to be an extremely harsh world to survive with some very interesting customization and modifications along the way focusing primarily on the Single players immersion and "pvp" being a definitive part of it, but not something you can easily be a part of....

I don't need anyone, but im offering anyone who wants to come along and play on the server / offer me feedback and bug reports to send me a message and ill give you the password and a more detailed outline of whats going on.

I tend to code / stuff around at work (quiet times yay) during the day and implement the features in the evening so while im working, if you feel like having a look you can.

Send me a PM if your interested and ill bore you with more details.

not sure if it would relate or not, but circle is a very small map that hasn't gotten a lot of attention from me lately. Check it out, if it fits with what you were thinking, let me know; I could even make some small changes if needed (honestly the map isn't 100% finished but I've been really busy with real life lately so yeah)
Link is in my forum sig I think

Advertisement

Might give it a look if I get time off from tweaking my own server.

Any particular feedback or just all in general of your new idea? 

I'd be down, i'm very good at breaking things :P (although it would have to be on my free time, I've got a community to develop myself ;P)

im definitely interested in being involved, i loved the harshness you had on your server, and im using all your scripts as we speak on both my servers and player base is slowly building, if you'd like to have me along ide be more than chuffed :) 

How about Stratis Exile that could be pretty cool except running out of space for bases, however you can limit the base sizes, so if you limited to 45m, and then minimumDistanceToOtherTerritories would be 100m that might fit a lot of bases.

Also what kinds of survival stuff were you thinking about? Like cold weather, sleep mechanic, hunting (client side animals)? I've thought about all this stuff I might have a good idea or 2.

Edited by Emton

Some screen shots -

I might make a server show case thread since its almost "complete" , however the server is limited to 10 slots currently. This will be my last post here, ill make the other thread shortly and edit this with a link. 

Decided on Stratis for the map (for now, till Namalsk)

Last stand - Here survivors make their last stand against the hoard, this is where the traders live. Traders constantly assaulted by zombies, protected by AI.

rVVCEJW.jpg

Y6C0ALQ.jpg

srx9eSW.jpg

Spawn area, decimated. Loot spawns around tents, car wrecks, objects aswell as buildings that remain.

I8Au0Tl.jpg

Camps like this one can spawn loot

efaB0lN.jpg

duTaEi2.jpg

Advertisement