coftsock

Dynamic Traders

17 posts in this topic

Wanted traders spread all around the map with different locations each restart? well have at this, remove all the trader fuzz from the initplayerlocal.sqf and save this http://pastebin.com/Ey6HswFt as  dynamictraders.sqf then follow @John instructions here on getting them to spawn in correctly

Note this is setup for Esseker, for any other map you need to find the center (dosent have to be perfect center) and the radius to the furthest tip of land mass, as well as co ordinates of suitable locations for the air traders and boat traders (use this to help http://www.exilemod.com/topic/8009-positions-tool/).

please edit your mission.sqm to remove the trader markers and zones

right now it is very basic with the props and objects around the trader AI, if you have suggestions or have seen a vision in your wetdream of what the traders should look like let me know :)

Edited by coftsock
1 person likes this

hi @coftsock

i've been trying this out and i like the idea behind it as it keeps players on the move for different things, although i was expecting the whole trader zone as a whole to move to a different place... (possible?)

few things i have found....

• if running ryan's zombies, they can spawn inside the shacks that house the traders if close to built up areas where zeds would normally spawn
  • original safe zone markers are still shown on map and active 
  • there isn't a 'safe area' around traders (we have lots of AI and zeds running about and i think players wont like getting one shotted in the back while trading, the area could be really small, just enough to be safe while trading)
  • some of the trader NPC's don't spawn, but the objects do
  • NPC animations seem very lagged

i'm interested to see where this can go and would deffo use it if it were to be developed further

thanks for the script :)

1 person likes this

Advertisement

Posted (edited)

I also like this idea as above i would like to see a safe zone around the traders

and some of the traders actions was laggy for me also but they still worked

also sometime it duplicates traders and one has a trader present and the other one doesnt

Edited by respawnjunkie
1 person likes this

just another idea

would it be possible to put a vending machine with the non food traders so it can dispense beef parts,cheathas and moo bars and maybe water but not full can foods

1 hour ago, respawnjunkie said:

also sometime it duplicates traders and one has a trader present and the other one doesnt

i think this is the problem i was finding where only the objects spawned but the trader didnt

@Eggbox yea sorry i forgot to mention edit the mission.sqm to remove old trader markings and zones. im looking into the laggy animations and safezones for the traders. What traders dont spawn for you?

I get 1 set of traders and all is good but there is a duplicate set which do not spawn the traders 

e.g. 2 fast food markers but only one trader will be there but container and other items are

hope this helps

8 hours ago, respawnjunkie said:

I get 1 set of traders and all is good but there is a duplicate set which do not spawn the traders 

e.g. 2 fast food markers but only one trader will be there but container and other items are

hope this helps

same here, 2 sets of traders... only one set spawn NPC's

On 1/4/2016 at 11:49 AM, respawnjunkie said:

hope this helps

ah so is this when you run the file twice?

no i run script only once

i followed instructions and they was produced twice sometimes more

Advertisement