Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
smelting

Players die when they spawn in

Question

I seem to be having issues with players spawning in the server and dying without doing anything. They get stuck in a loop where they constantly die. It only happens to a very small number of players( players that disconnect while flying and while disconnecting in spawned in building, but this is still unconfirmed). My original fix was to just delete their account in the sql database, this unfortunately removes everything they own in the server. I found after looking in the sql that it happens to people that have bleeding_remaining under their player information. I don't know what this is supposed to be normally. I also found that their damage was 1. I thought that if they had a damage of 1 that the server would force them to recreate their character. Any ideas about whats going on? 

2 answers to this question

There's a fix for this in the scripts section, from what the thread said, it has to do with players taking lethal damage when logging in before the player can take control of the playable unit, as in if you logged out standing ontop of something and when you log back on that thing is no longer there so you fall to your death. Here's the fix in question, I haven't tried it personally, but it gives godmode to the playable unit untill a player takes control

http://www.exilemod.com/topic/9407-fix-death-loop-bug/

Posted (edited)

That didn't seem to fix the issue. The player was able to log in but was stuck floating in the air instead of dying. We tried to teleport him but he wasn't showing up as a player.

Edited by smelting

Advertisement