K.

Need help installing @MAS mod to my server..

5 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Good day Gentlemen,

I have a server rented at Vilayer, i heard a lot of people were having problems with Vilayer, though their customer support isn't very quick.. They do satisfy me when it comes to resolving the actual issues.. But i have stumbled across a problem lately. I haver have a problem with any mods and they all work fine (DMS Missions) (infiSTAR) etc.

I want to install MAS weapons and vehicles to my server but have no clue how to do this.. Call me a noob sure but i really would like some help with this. I found everything i need about the mods and how to install them.. I know how to create the loot tables etc.. But there is ONE thing that i can't get my mind around..

1. When i download the MAS weapons and the vehicles mod, i get the folders  ''@NATO_Rus_Vehicle'' and ''@NATO_Rus_Weapons'' but everyone is talking about a @MAS folder.. There is no such thing including in the downloads.. Do i add all the addons to a created @MAS folder in the root of the server?

(Then will it show as @NATO_Rus_....'' in the A3Launcher so it downloads automaticly for people that don't have it?)

OR 

do i put the @NATO_Rus_.... folders in the root and put those two in the launch parameters? (Obviously i would put the key in the root Keys folder.)

Thanks for your help and advise.

Edited by K.

Ok, I worked my way through this not two weeks ago.

Firstly "@mas" is what the mod used to be called I believe. Now its @NATO_Rus_weapon and/or vehicles.

What I did:

Put the "@" folders in the root Arma directory and put the bikey files in the keys folder. Added @NATO_Rus_weapons to my command line in both     -mod= and in -servermod=

That'll get the mods to load when the server starts,

These threads here got me the rest of the way

There are a few others but I forgot to bookmark them but you'll locate them with the search function I'm sure.

Best of luck bro :)

1 person likes this

Advertisement

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, p3dro_2486 said:

First of all i'd like to thank you,

so you are saying that the @MAS folder is basicly not existing anymore ?

I will try this when i get home :) Thanks !

Edited by K.

15 hours ago, K. said:

First of all i'd like to thank you,

so you are saying that the @MAS folder is basicly not existing anymore ?

I will try this when i get home :) Thanks !

I can't give you an answer that I'm 100% sure is correct. I'm real new to arma server stuff (besides hosting one locally for my mates and I to play missions). I think that @mas was what the older version was called.

Advertisement