moto7198712

Server won't Start

Question

Cannot open file '/home/moto/arma3/@Exile\addons\exile_psycho_ural' server will not start at all keeps giving me this issue anyone know the issue?

26 answers to this question

are you loading any other mods than just exile? Linux doesn't like capital letters in most other mods (Exile excluded cuz they know how to program using == instead of = ) :)

Advertisement
1 hour ago, wasti said:

are you loading any other mods than just exile? Linux doesn't like capital letters in most other mods (Exile excluded cuz they know how to program using == instead of = ) :)

Right now it's just ./arma3server -cfg=@ExileServer/basic.cfg -config=@ExileServer/config.cfg -mod=@Exile -servermod=@ExileServer -autoInit

have you chmod +x arma3server
?

1 person likes this

21 minutes ago, wasti said:

have you chmod +x arma3server
?

No i did not where do you put that in launch parm

no, chmod is a command for linux that sets file permissions, +x makes a file executable (even though it should have been already) but seeing as you've been so vague as to what problems your facing other than "it won't start" I have to assume that the arma3server file isn't executable.

Open a terminal window, navigate to the directory that your arma is in by typing
cd /home/moto/arma3/

then run
chmod +x arma3server.exe

1 person likes this

5 minutes ago, wasti said:

no, chmod is a command for linux that sets file permissions, +x makes a file executable (even though it should have been already) but seeing as you've been so vague as to what problems your facing other than "it won't start" I have to assume that the arma3server file isn't executable.

Open a terminal window, navigate to the directory that your arma is in by typing
cd /home/moto/arma3/

then run
chmod +x arma3server.exe

ok i have done that minus the exe being it's linux 

oh yeah lol, sorry no .exe on that XD

Well, what do you mean its doing the same, can you provide any log files or similar?

1 person likes this

Advertisement