Dizzturbed

remove/disable the full screen map

5 posts in this topic

can anyone point me in the correct direction? i assume exile handles the on screen map, as you usually cant open em, if you dont have a map. in exile this is unrelated. i'd like to replace that with a folding map but thats kinda pointless with the full screen map at hand.

thanks in advance!

if the player doesn't have the items map or gps, they can't access the full screen map other than to look at players/server stats/ect.

You could remove the map and gps from your loot tables, traders, and from the starting items.

1 person likes this

Advertisement

Ah, its linked to both? Nice to know. I only dropped the map and wondered why i still can access the onscreen map. Thanks wasti! :) 

Yeah, the last real gps that I know of that didn't include a terrain map is the garmin GPS 12 (I have one lol) Since then, all of them come with at least a simple map built in.

But yeah, for arma, the gps has a map as well :)

Posted (edited)

Ok then i need to work something out. The gps is already linked to the markers.  I will get something to work i guess.

As a side question, can i overwrite the players M key or will that only add a second window to be opened along with the map?

i know how to bind keys to scripts, just not tested that on already bound keys yet 

Edited by Dizzturbed

Advertisement