Freece

@Exile not found

12 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hello all,

So I have been trying to set up another Arma3 server with Exile this time, but to no avail. I am running Debian 8 on a dedicated machine at home. It works to set up a vanilla server.

For some reason the server won't find the @exile mod. I have seen several people with the same problem, but none of their solutions worked for me. I am running the latest version of Exilemod and i have applied the emergency fix.

I am getting this in the console:

22:30:45 ============================================================================================= List of mods ===============================================================================================
22:30:45 modsReadOnly = true
22:30:45 safeModsActivated = false
22:30:45 customMods = true
22:30:45 hash = '610C3FBA5792AD2FE0F216CECBEBFE404680AC72'
22:30:45 hashShort = '241c7f96'
22:30:45                                               name |               modDir |    default |               origin |                                     hash | hashShort | fullPath
22:30:45 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
22:30:45                                                    |                      |      false |            NOT FOUND |                                          |           | 
22:30:45                                  Arma 3 DLC Bundle |            dlcbundle |       true |            NOT FOUND |                                          |           | 
22:30:45                                    Arma 3 Marksmen |                 mark |       true |             GAME DIR | a3cb8bd430002971f7ecedb65aca970ce6a3e880 |  3021f00c | /home/steam/arma3/mark
22:30:45                                 Arma 3 Helicopters |                 heli |       true |             GAME DIR | 21385ab46a1a725af129e211d3a9f73b047d1c83 |  5c1dd0e0 | /home/steam/arma3/heli
22:30:45                                       Arma 3 Karts |                 kart |       true |             GAME DIR | fc0cb7d662348d9651bfc620aff863ad545e0346 |  4bdcb8a9 | /home/steam/arma3/kart
22:30:45                                        Arma 3 Zeus |              curator |       true |             GAME DIR | 352756ce4c2c2b788be47fb754e3426ef3b8ba3d |  c6890f55 | /home/steam/arma3/curator
22:30:45                                             Arma 3 |                   A3 |       true |            NOT FOUND |                                          |           | 
22:30:45 ==========================================================================================================================================================================================================

And

22:30:49 Warning Message: You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.exile_client
22:30:49 Mission Exile.Altis read from bank.
22:30:49 Missing addons detected:
22:30:49   exile_client

I followed this guide to install Exile as well as looking at a few others, just gathering information.

I have set all files and folders in the mods to lowercase and my startup script is the following:

#!/bin/bash
svCfgDir="/home/steam/arma3/\@exileserver"
netCfg="$svCfgDir/basic.cfg"
svCfg="$svCfgDir/config.cfg"
mods="\@exile\;"
serverMods="\@exileserver\;"
bepath="/home/steam/arma3/battleye"

./arma3server -cfg="netCfg" -config="$svCfg" -mod="$mods" -servermod="$serverMods" -port 2302 -bepath="$bepath" -noSound -autoinit

According to some people, it helped to add the \ in front of the @ of the mod names, but it makes no difference here.

I have also downloaded the extdb2.so for the linux version server and placed it in the @exileserver directory.

Any help is welcome!

Thanks,

Freece

Edited by Freece

You either don't have @Exile in your launch parameters or you simply don't have @Exile at all. 

Advertisement

lowercase your files on linux in your @exile directory

2 minutes ago, wasti said:

lowercase your files on linux in your @exile directory

Please at least pretend to have read my description.

Posted (edited)

I skimmed it ;P

also your missing your entire a3 folder, so ya know, that could be causing this seeing as that's most of the game....

also change
mods="\@exile\;"

to
mods="\@exile"
serverMods="\@exileserver"

Edited by wasti

Posted (edited)

6 minutes ago, wasti said:

mods="\@exile\;"

to
mods="\@exile"
serverMods="\@exileserver"

Ok, fixed this now, but no difference.

6 minutes ago, wasti said:

also your missing your entire a3 folder

I did notice this, and it is very odd! I don't know why it says that, since the vanilla server worked.

Also thanks for answers! :D

Edited by Freece

I could be wrong, but I think that the vanilla will run without most of the folders, but exile is dependent on some of the files there, could be causing issue.

Honestly I would just fire up steamCMD and run app_update 233780 validate

I was thinking just the same thing, so I just did that, validated 100%.

Posted (edited)

chmod -R 777 @exile
chmod -R 777 @exileserver

in terminal in your arma directory.

Edited by wasti

Advertisement