Higgins909

How to get better motd, killfeed, restart warnings?

9 posts in this topic

Like the title says, I'm looking to get them looking better/more noticeable.

The MOTD flashes till you get to the area where waiting for server to load, downloading character, creating character.

Right before that screen, you can catch a tiny glimps of it.

Restart warnings are in the bottom right, which is where I only know of loot spawn and locked, never seen a restart warning there.

But yeah, they're small, hard to notice, and sometimes incomplete, like the kick warning.

Kill feed is just simple text.

I'm looking to get the kill feed in the upper left that actually shows what guns.

Restart warnings, big and up top middle, like DMS mission notice.

MOTD... well to play every so often.

Also getting the info bar on the bottom would be nice.

What are the names of these things?  You know like DMS for "AI Missions"

I need you to translate "Restart warnings" to "???" and so on.

Thanks,

Higgins909

Posted (edited)

Killmessages with Gun Photo by @GR8

Restart warnings etc, can be done by making a seperate script, and just use the message calls from DMS, simple and easy. (Keep in mind that the calls may have changed.)

Spoiler

[] spawn {

// Message params start;
// The messages can contain HTML, however it's recommended to leave them as they are, and only edit the messages broadcasted.
_msg15mins = "<t color='#FF0000' size='1.40'>Shutdown mode</t> <t color='#00B200' size='1.40'>Initialized</t><br/><t color='#FFFFFF' size='1.05'>Server will shutdown in 15 minutes</t>";
_msg10mins = "<t color='#FFFF00' size='1.40'>Server shutdown in 10 minutes</t><br/><t color='#FFFFFF' size='1.05'>Please logout to ensure data stream is saved correctly</t>";
_msg7mins = "<t color='#FFFF00' size='1.40'>Server shutdown in 7 minutes</t><br/><t color='#FFFFFF' size='1.05'>Logout now to ensure data stream is saved correctly</t>";
_msgflush = "<t color='#FFFF00' size='1.40'>Initializing Player Flush</t><br/><t color='#FFFFFF' size='1.05'>Kicking all players from server shortly</t>";
// Message params end; 

_msg15mins remoteExecCall ["DMS_CLIENT_fnc_spawnTextTiles", -2];
uiSleep 300;
_msg10mins remoteExecCall ["DMS_CLIENT_fnc_spawnTextTiles", -2];
uiSleep 180;
_msg7mins remoteExecCall ["DMS_CLIENT_fnc_spawnTextTiles", -2];
uiSleep 120;
_msgflush remoteExecCall ["DMS_CLIENT_fnc_spawnTextTiles", -2];

};

^^ Above script was used through mARMAcp, this is not the entire script, but you'll get the idea from it ;)

And it looks like this: 
screenshot.618.thumb.jpg.1c63994d3a0fcf7

MOTD ... Well use BEC Scheduler to announce messages.

Statusbar by @CRE4MPIE

You're welcome. 

Edited by ka0s
2 people like this

Advertisement
On 06/01/2016 at 9:47 AM, ka0s said:

Killmessages with Gun Photo by @GR8

Restart warnings etc, can be done by making a seperate script, and just use the message calls from DMS, simple and easy. (Keep in mind that the calls may have changed.)

Reveal hidden contents

[] spawn {

// Message params start;
// The messages can contain HTML, however it's recommended to leave them as they are, and only edit the messages broadcasted.
_msg15mins = "<t color='#FF0000' size='1.40'>Shutdown mode</t> <t color='#00B200' size='1.40'>Initialized</t><br/><t color='#FFFFFF' size='1.05'>Server will shutdown in 15 minutes</t>";
_msg10mins = "<t color='#FFFF00' size='1.40'>Server shutdown in 10 minutes</t><br/><t color='#FFFFFF' size='1.05'>Please logout to ensure data stream is saved correctly</t>";
_msg7mins = "<t color='#FFFF00' size='1.40'>Server shutdown in 7 minutes</t><br/><t color='#FFFFFF' size='1.05'>Logout now to ensure data stream is saved correctly</t>";
_msgflush = "<t color='#FFFF00' size='1.40'>Initializing Player Flush</t><br/><t color='#FFFFFF' size='1.05'>Kicking all players from server shortly</t>";
// Message params end; 

_msg15mins remoteExecCall ["DMS_CLIENT_fnc_spawnTextTiles", -2];
uiSleep 300;
_msg10mins remoteExecCall ["DMS_CLIENT_fnc_spawnTextTiles", -2];
uiSleep 180;
_msg7mins remoteExecCall ["DMS_CLIENT_fnc_spawnTextTiles", -2];
uiSleep 120;
_msgflush remoteExecCall ["DMS_CLIENT_fnc_spawnTextTiles", -2];

};

^^ Above script was used through mARMAcp, this is not the entire script, but you'll get the idea from it ;)

And it looks like this: 
screenshot.618.thumb.jpg.1c63994d3a0fcf7

MOTD ... Well use BEC Scheduler to announce messages.

Statusbar by @CRE4MPIE

Reveal hidden contents

You're welcome. 

Hey ! where is gone Kill Messages ? :) anyone have the script somewhere ?

Gr8 removed it from github. I looked around for another alternative but so far nothing is really fitting the bill.

7 minutes ago, Mr Sin said:

Yeah I found that a while ago, forgot about this thread though.

I was just looking for the script and google kept showing this thread so thought i would just leave it here.

Advertisement