John

Dynamic Electrical storms

46 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hi guys,

I'd like to release another script to you all. For me, this is the coolest thing ever but thats just a personal opinion.

Credits -

Whoever the guy was that made the function for spawning lightning bolts.. Sorry pal I can't find you..

Features of the script -

• Creates consecutive lightning bolts in an area for a defined period of time. 
  • The lightning bolts will destroy buildings, players vehicles etc
  • Configurable options - More to come..
    • Can configure how often the script checks conditions to create a storm and subsequently how often a storm is created
    • Can have a chat message warning for players which gives them a map grid reference of the Strike Center
    • Can have a marker on the map at the center of the storm

Version 1.0 - First release

Version 1.1 - Updates -

• Added more configurable options in config_storms.sqf

Current limitations -

• Unless you are versed in scripting / arma code you are stuck with the following conditions for the storms to activate - 
    • Rain level above 0.5 OR Night time .... more options to come
    • Random strikes within a 150 meter radius around the "strike center"

Roadmap -

• Better config settings for ease of use on different maps - Until then, here are the map centers for most maps - Credit to FACE for them - http://pastebin.com/NpgBqfyf
  • Including safe pos black list options into script. Suggest you do this if you don't want your trader zones getting obliterated.
  • More config settings for conditions to enable the storm system

Kown issues -

• RPT spam when creating the lightning strikes. Not sure why yet, I think it has something to do with zues.. Shouldnt be an issue however as it does not happen often.

Installation -

- Download and unpack the storms folder to your mission file

- Inside your init.sqf or initServer.sqf put -- [] execVM "path to script.....\config_storms.sqf";

- Inside config_storms.sqf amend this to point to your function -- JohnO_fnc_storm = compileFinal preprocessFileLineNumbers "path to function\JohnO_fnc_storm.sqf";

- Configure - config_storms.sqf

Battle eye -

createVehicle.txt -- line 2 -- Add -- !"LightningBolt"!"lightning1_F"!"lightning2_F"

deleteVehicle.txt -- line 2 -- Add -- !"LightningBolt"!"lightning1_F"!"lightning2_F"

Enjoy.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3Kc7UYYIGMbYUxOMkRfZ3lDTXc/view?usp=sharing

PS - When exile first came out I knew nothing about arma code or scripts, as I write this scripts I find my self wanting to make them server side .pbo's but the thought is for some reason daunting. If any of your more experienced chaps feel like sending me a pm on some info as to how I can do this. Ill compile all my work into much more easier to install server side addons.

Thanks!

Edited by John
9 people like this

Does it damage a player builded base? And can it destroy the vehicles standing in the base?

Would also be nice to add an option where the Storms cant spawn near a Flag...

But anyway! Nice work like always!

Advertisement
6 minutes ago, SpittAFlire said:

Does it damage a player builded base? And can it destroy the vehicles standing in the base?

Would also be nice to add an option where the Storms cant spawn near a Flag...

But anyway! Nice work like always!

1. Not sure - Probably. 

2. Not sure - I suspect the bolt will hit the base structure first and destroy that. 

Both questions depends on how EXILE handle their base objects. Ill do some testing this weekend and give the results of the outcome.

1 person likes this

v1.1 is up with alot more configurable options.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Love it, cranked it up to 60 strikes. Looks great at night.

Edited by jungleNZ

the problem with infistar is throwing the players in the lobby , do you have a solution ?

48 minutes ago, ChuMa said:

the problem with infistar is throwing the players in the lobby , do you have a solution ?

Nup.

Sorry.

Nice John, will load this up on my test server after dinner, keep em coming bro lovin your work so far :)

2 hours ago, MetalHead said:

Anyone found a solution for infistar ? o.O

Maybe @infiSTAR can take a look.

Advertisement