Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BigDad

Exile Billboards editing image

Question

I am still looking for help with editing the Exile billboards. The response from Flosstradamus  is a generic response and insulting. I asked about the billboards that Exile Developers edited. Now I'm confused by that response. Anyone else responding please make the effort to understand the request before making a comment. These are a part of your mod. -BigDad

1 answer to this question

I think the response of @Flosstradamus is appropriate, even if it is not as helpful as you have wished. 

There are three models in Arma that we have used to create billboards. Please find them here:

These models have so called "selections" defined. A selection is certain part of a model where you can change the texture (and/or material). These selections are defined in the model itself and another time in the CfgVehicles config. You will find them as "hiddenSelection***" in there. Each selection has its own name and index. A model with three selections has the indizes 0, 1 and 2 respectively.

Arma offers the commands setObjectTexture / setObjectTextureGlobal to change textures and setObjectMaterial / setObjectMaterialGlobal to change materials. In case you need to read them, you can use getObjectTextures and getObjectMaterials. In your case, setObjectTextureGlobal would be your choice.

Have a look at the following construct. This is something that could work for you, when you place it into your initServer.sqf:

_signObject = "SignAd_SponsorS_F" createVehicle [x, x, x];
_signObject setObjectTextureGlobal [0, "exile_assets\model\Exile_Sign_TraderCity_co.paa"];

Be advised that the above code is just an example that I wrote off my head now. It will not work 1:1 as there is obviously no position set.

I hope this helps, even though it is not directly related to Exile.

2 people like this

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0