flibble666

boarding up instead of base building

20 posts in this topic

One consideration regarding the use of structures/buildings that are not player built are the loot spawns. Perhaps not an issue anymore since there are generally many sources for loot on most servers.

27 minutes ago, Snakeyes1 said:

I'm curious how the Exile buildables hold up against satchel charges? I was going to build a small wood structure and fortify it to test it, but I never got around to it.

7 satchels for wood and 30+ for fortified. You can also "double wall" stuff and its basically indestructible.

Advertisement
4 minutes ago, Flosstradamus said:

7 satchels for wood and 30+ for fortified. You can also "double wall" stuff and its basically indestructible.

Wow! That is stronger than I would have imagined. That is good to know, thanks.

5 hours ago, happydayz said:

yeah arma buildings are so weak when satchels are concerned... need more explosives that are alot weaker.

i dont see that as a problem . nothing should be bomb proof or safe.  force players to attempt to be stealthy and keep a low profile.  there are so many buildings, the chances of someone finding your secure building is low ...  with missions and traders there is little incentive for players to scavenge buildings for supplies and stumble upon your building.  it will be your fault for leaving clues like a helicopter parked in the back yard

and if its found and blown up ... GOOD, someone had fun finding and plotting against you.  i hope you kept your gear in multiple locations so you didnt lose it all.

2 hours ago, ShootingBlanks said:

i dont see that as a problem . nothing should be bomb proof or safe.  force players to attempt to be stealthy and keep a low profile.  there are so many buildings, the chances of someone finding your secure building is low ...  with missions and traders there is little incentive for players to scavenge buildings for supplies and stumble upon your building.  it will be your fault for leaving clues like a helicopter parked in the back yard

and if its found and blown up ... GOOD, someone had fun finding and plotting against you.  i hope you kept your gear in multiple locations so you didnt lose it all.

You have been pushing this point a lot tonight. Not every player shares your idea of a base being hidden away in some bush at the corner of the map. A well fortified building should be equal to a well hidden one IMO, however as it stands, no ammount of boarding up an altis building can stop 2 satchel charges from destroying it.

After reading some of the posts to better reveal the idea presented I gotta say that is a cool Idea.  It would force players to use existing buildings as bases which would keep the database size down YET players would have buildings to store items.  And I think the lock-pick idea is a great addition that brings realism of having to break into a base instead of blowing up walls.  The only thing I would say is to remove satchels and any other bombs from the loot table that would take down a in-game building pretty easily.

Regardless it brings a unique feature to a server in the mod which I see as a good thing.

Edited by Brez

I saw bases on A2 Epoch that were as simple as a safe and a parked vehicle. Somewhat of a spartan approach to accommodations, but no satchel charge(s) will breach a safe. 

In frankies videos with sada he boards up the windows. it seems so cool that u can use a house part of the map i wiash there was servers like this is so much more realistic to exile/survivial then using territory flags

• Like 1

On 1/15/2017 at 0:48 AM, DizzyOnion426 said:

In frankies videos with sada he boards up the windows. it seems so cool that u can use a house part of the map i wiash there was servers like this is so much more realistic to exile/survivial then using territory flags

You sure that wasn't survive the nights video?

Advertisement